1. Davanagere is at the centre of Karnataka, 14°28' N latitude, 75°59' longitude and 602.5 metres above sea level.
5 Facts About Davanagere
2. Davanagere is surrounded from Chitradurga, Ballari, Shivamogga, Chikkamagalur and Haveri districts.
3. Davanagere is known for rich culinary traditions which encompass the diversity of entire Karnataka's dishes due to its geographical position in the state as its epicentre.
4. Davanagere became a separate district in 1997, when it was separated from the erstwhile undivided district of Chitradurga for administration conveniences.
5. Davanagere is a city in the centre of the southern Indian state of Karnataka.