1. Long Beach is one of the top 10 Turnaround Downtowns recognized by the Urban Land Institute.
|FactSnippet No. 207,140|
7. California State University, Long Beach known as The Beach, offers a vibrant, diverse, environment for international students.
|FactSnippet No. 207,129|
10. Long Beach hosts Pomona-Pitzer for the play-in game at 7 pm on Saturday, and the winner advances to the quarterfinals against UC San Diego at Stanford next weekend.
|FactSnippet No. 207,121|
13. Long Beach gets distribution of the daily Los Angeles Times and La Opinion newspapers, plus the weekly Los Angeles Sentinel.
|FactSnippet No. 207,115 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. California State University, Long Beach has a student newspaper published four times a week during the fall and spring semesters, the Daily Forty-Niner.
|FactSnippet No. 207,114 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Long Beach is a California charter city, and is governed by nine City Council members, who are elected by district, and the Mayor, who is elected at-large since a citywide initiative passed in 1988.
|FactSnippet No. 207,104 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Long Beach is home to "Rosie's Dog Beach"—the only legal off-leash area on the beach for dogs in all of Los Angeles County.
|FactSnippet No. 207,102 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. Long Beach lies in the southeastern corner of Los Angeles County and borders Orange County.
|FactSnippet No. 207,083 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. Port of Long Beach is the second busiest container port in the United States and is among the world's largest shipping ports.
|FactSnippet No. 207,082 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Long Beach is the second-largest city in the Los Angeles metropolitan area and the third largest in Southern California behind Los Angeles and San Diego.
|FactSnippet No. 207,081 - en.wikipedia.org|