1. In 2016, Marat Safin became the first Russian to be inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
|FactSnippet No. 560,461 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. In September, Marat Safin defeated 4-time champion and 4th seed Pete Sampras in the final in straight sets to win his first Grand Slam title at the 2000 US Open.
|FactSnippet No. 560,455 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Marat Safin started the 2009 season by playing in the Hopman Cup event in Perth with his sister, Dinara Safina.
|FactSnippet No. 560,430 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. Marat Safin defeated No 20-ranked and fourth seed Juan Carlos Ferrero.
|FactSnippet No. 560,422 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Marat Safin was victorious in his opening match, defeating Andy Murray.
|FactSnippet No. 560,420 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Marat Safin reached the third round at Wimbledon, before falling to the defending champion Roger Federer.
|FactSnippet No. 560,417 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. Marat Safin began to recover in time for the 2006 US Open, in which Safin defeated No 4 David Nalbandian in a riveting second-round match.
|FactSnippet No. 560,415 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. Marat Safin speaks Russian, English, and Spanish as well as his native Tatar.
|FactSnippet No. 560,404 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Marat Safin is the older brother of former world No 1 WTA player, Dinara Safina.
|FactSnippet No. 560,399 - en.wikipedia.org|