1. Ernests Gulbis employs the drop shot consistently and often, sometimes to the point of derision.
|FactSnippet No. 541,819 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. In 2010, Ernests Gulbis continued to participate on the Latvian Davis Cup team, playing against Poland, where he won both of his singles rubbers.
|FactSnippet No. 541,817 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Ernests Gulbis made it to the second round in Bastad and the quarterfinals in Gstaad, losing to Fabio Fognini.
|FactSnippet No. 541,812 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. Ernests Gulbis managed to break the losing streak at the 2016 Rome Master by getting through qualifying and beating Ivo Karlovic in three sets in the round of 64, but went down to Pouille in the next round for a second consecutive time.
|FactSnippet No. 541,810 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Ernests Gulbis went through qualifying at the Rotterdam Open, but then lost in the round of 32 to Gael Monfils.
|FactSnippet No. 541,808 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. Ernests Gulbis failed to defend his title from 2014 at the ATP Nice Open, losing to Dominic Thiem in two sets in the quarter-finals.
|FactSnippet No. 541,804 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Ernests Gulbis lost the semi-final to the eventual champion Tomas Berdych.
|FactSnippet No. 541,797 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Ernests Gulbis reached the semi-finals of the Rotterdam Open, defeating Grigor Dimitrov and Juan Martin del Potro along the way.
|FactSnippet No. 541,796 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Ernests Gulbis ended the tournament in the second round by losing to Sam Querrey in straight sets.
|FactSnippet No. 541,795 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. Ernests Gulbis started the new season in Doha, where he reached the quarterfinals, losing to eventual champion Rafael Nadal for the seventh time in his career, in straight sets.
|FactSnippet No. 541,794 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. Ernests Gulbis made his next appearance at the 2013 If Stockholm Open where Gulbis made it to the semi-final stage, losing to David Ferrer in three sets.
|FactSnippet No. 541,792 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. Ernests Gulbis was absent from the 2013 China Open and the 2013 Shanghai Rolex Masters due to illness.
|FactSnippet No. 541,791 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Ernests Gulbis continued his excellent start to 2013 with a great run at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.
|FactSnippet No. 541,787 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. Ernests Gulbis came back for the Vienna indoor tournament, where he fell in the second round to Janko Tipsarevic.
|FactSnippet No. 541,783 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Ernests Gulbis won the first round of the US Open over Tommy Haas, but crashed out in next round against the American Qualifier Steve Johnson.
|FactSnippet No. 541,781 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Ernests Gulbis qualified for Winston-Salem, reaching the third round, before falling to Marcel Granollers.
|FactSnippet No. 541,780 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. Ernests Gulbis represented Latvia against Hungary, winning one of his two singles rubbers.
|FactSnippet No. 541,777 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. Ernests Gulbis began the year with three first-round losses at Doha, Melbourne and Memphis, but in between won two singles rubbers for the Latvian Davis Cup match against Egypt.
|FactSnippet No. 541,776 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. Ernests Gulbis reached the second round of the US Open, but lost to Gilles Muller in the third round.
|FactSnippet No. 541,774 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Ernests Gulbis faced top seed and World No 9 Mardy Fish in the finals; after double-faulting to hand Fish the first set, he rallied to win the championship match in a close three setter.
|FactSnippet No. 541,772 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. Ernests Gulbis progressed to the quarterfinals, equaling his 2010 run, where he was defeated in a tight match against World No 1 Rafael Nadal.
|FactSnippet No. 541,769 - en.wikipedia.org|
47. Ernests Gulbis defeated Baghdatis for the loss of only four games, which set up a match with top seed and World No 1 Roger Federer.
|FactSnippet No. 541,764 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. Ernests Gulbis progressed to the third round, where he was defeated in a tight three set match against World No 1 Roger Federer.
|FactSnippet No. 541,763 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. Ernests Gulbis had a poor clay-court season compared to 2008, failing to go deep in any of the tournaments preceding the French Open.
|FactSnippet No. 541,761 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. Ernests Gulbis reached the second round of the 2008 Pacific Life Open, where he lost a tight match to former Grand Slam finalist David Nalbandian in a final set tiebreak.
|FactSnippet No. 541,759 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. Ernests Gulbis debuted in Grand Slam doubles by teaming up with Ivan Ljubicic, with whom he had reached the semifinals of the 2007 Ordina Open.
|FactSnippet No. 541,757 - en.wikipedia.org|
61. Ernests Gulbis comes from a sporting family in general, and his paternal grandfather, Alvils Gulbis, was one of the starting five players on ASK Riga, the Soviet Union basketball team that won the European Championships.
|FactSnippet No. 541,749 - en.wikipedia.org|