1. Mathura is the home for I Corps within the Indian Army's Central Command, hosting Strike I Corps headquarters in a large classified area in the outskirts of the city known as Mathura Cantonment (Central Command itself has its headquarters at Lucknow).
5 Facts About Mathura
2. Mathura is connected by road to the rest of Uttar Pradesh and India.
3. Mathura has an ancient history and believed to be the homeland and birthplace of Krishna who was born in Yadu dynasty.
4. Mathura was the capital of the kingdom of Surasena, ruled by Kansa, the maternal uncle of Krishna.
5. In Hinduism, Mathura is believed to be the birthplace of Krishna, which is located at the Krishna Janmasthan Temple Complex.