1. South Asia is referred to as the Indian Subcontinent, separated from East Asia by the Himalayan Mountains between China and India and defined largely by the Indian Tectonic Plate on which its countries largely rest.
|FactSnippet No. 842,350|
2. Asia is the largest continent in the world and has the two most populated countries in the world, China and India.
|FactSnippet No. 148,118|
3. Asia is bordered by Pacific Ocean to the east and Europe and Africa to the west.
|FactSnippet No. 148,117|
5. In the 1950s fertility across South Asia was uniformly high.
|FactSnippet No. 148,100|
6. South Asia is the region approximately encompassed in the Indian subcontinent.
|FactSnippet No. 148,099|
8. Asia is separated from North America to the northeast by the Bering Strait and from Australia to the southeast by the seas and straits connecting the Indian and Pacific oceans.
|FactSnippet No. 148,089|
11. One of the most famous literary works of West Asia is One Thousand and One Arabian Nights.
|FactSnippet No. 148,082 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. South Asia is huge, and traveling through the region can be daunting for some travelers.
|FactSnippet No. 148,072|
17. South Asia can be further divided into three subregions: the Himalayan Mountains, the Ganges Plain, and the Indian peninsula.
|FactSnippet No. 148,046|
19. South Asia includes three main regions: the Himalayan mountains, the Ganges Plains, and the Indian Peninsula.
|FactSnippet No. 148,035|
20. The West Asia was home to the first known human civilizations, such as Ancient Sumer and the ancient Assyrian, Babylonian, and Akkadian empires.
|FactSnippet No. 148,023|
21. Asia is the largest and most populous continent in the world, sharing borders with Europe and Africa to its West, Oceania to its South, and North America to its East.
|FactSnippet No. 148,012|
22. Asia is home to many endangered animals such as the orang-utan in Borneo, the Chinese river dolphin or the dugong.
|FactSnippet No. 148,010|
23. In 2010, Asia had 3.3 million millionaires, slightly below North America with 3.4 million millionaires.
|FactSnippet No. 147,994 - en.wikipedia.org|