|FactSnippet No. 134,987|
38 Facts About Nick Clegg
6. On 23 June 2018 Nick Clegg appeared at the People's Vote march in London to mark the second anniversary of the referendum to leave the European Union.
|FactSnippet No. 82,417 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In the 2017 general election, Nick Clegg lost to Labour candidate Jared O'Mara by a margin of 2,125 votes.
|FactSnippet No. 82,414 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. Nick Clegg held his Sheffield Hallam seat with a reduced majority.
|FactSnippet No. 82,413 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. In the face of the election results, Nick Clegg told the BBC that Liberal Democrats must "get up, dust ourselves down and move on".
|FactSnippet No. 82,412 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Nick Clegg campaigned for Remain in the 2016 EU referendum, as did most other Liberal Democrats, and became the Lib Dem spokesperson for Exiting the European Union and International Trade.
|FactSnippet No. 82,410 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Nick Clegg campaigned to cut spending on defence projects such as Eurofighter as well as the UK Trident programme.
|FactSnippet No. 82,399 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. Nick Clegg had been a signatory to the letter circulated by Vince Cable prior to Kennedy's resignation, which stated his opposition to working under Kennedy's continued leadership.
|FactSnippet No. 82,389 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. In 2004, Nick Clegg explained to the Select Committee on European Union that the aim of MEPs like himself, who had been active in the debate on the EU's negotiating mandate, was to obtain the right to ratify any major WTO deal entered into by the European Union.
|FactSnippet No. 82,386 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Nick Clegg decided to leave Brussels in 2002, arguing in an article in The Guardian newspaper that the battle to persuade the public of the benefits of Europe was being fought at home, not in Brussels.
|FactSnippet No. 82,385 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. As part of this role, Nick Clegg was in charge of the EC negotiating team on Chinese and Russian accession talks to the World Trade Organization.
|FactSnippet No. 82,380 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. Nick Clegg spent the summer of 1989 as an office junior in Postipankki bank in Helsinki.
|FactSnippet No. 82,376 - en.wikipedia.org|