1. Northern Ireland Assembly has 9 statutory committees, each of which is charged with scrutinising the activities of a single ministerial department.
|FactSnippet No. 427,183 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. The second election to the Northern Ireland Assembly was delayed by the UK government until 26 November 2003.
|FactSnippet No. 427,177 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Northern Ireland Assembly has both legislative powers and responsibility for electing the Northern Ireland Executive.
|FactSnippet No. 427,175 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. In turn, the Northern Ireland Assembly selects most of the ministers of the Northern Ireland Executive using the principle of power-sharing under the D'Hondt method to ensure that Northern Ireland's largest voting blocs, unionists and Irish nationalists, both participate in governing the region.
|FactSnippet No. 427,171 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. The Northern Ireland Assembly is currently in a period of suspension, after it collapsed in January 2017 due to policy disagreements within the leadership and the resignation of the late Martin McGuinness.
|FactSnippet No. 427,169 - en.wikipedia.org|