1. Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson hinted in his 1993 interview that he did not think he could top what he had already accomplished.
|FactSnippet No. 341,596 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson gave only two major interviews after his retirement: one to the Washington Post in 1993, and the other to Esquire magazine in 2002.
|FactSnippet No. 341,595 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson had no guests on his final episode of The Tonight Show on May 22, 1992, which was instead a retrospective show taped before an invitation-only studio audience of family, friends, and crew.
|FactSnippet No. 341,594 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson was given authority to fill the vacant time slot and used it to create Late Night with David Letterman.
|FactSnippet No. 341,585 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson influenced the scheduling of reruns in the mid-1970s and, in 1980, the length of each evening's broadcast, by threatening NBC with, in the first case, moving to another network, and in the latter, retiring altogether.
|FactSnippet No. 341,583 - en.wikipedia.org|