1. Tsvetana Pironkova's has had some of her best results on grass, a Wimbledon semi-final and quarter-final, which earned her the nickname "The Wimbledon Darkhorse".
|FactSnippet No. 468,576 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Monica Niculescu in straight sets in her first match in the main draw, and then faced 2nd seed Simona Halep in the next round.
|FactSnippet No. 468,570 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. Tsvetana Pironkova's was en-route for another big upset having led with one set in the second round encounter against one the tournament favourites Elina Svitolina, who was the No 1 ranked player in the Race to Singapore standings, but eventually lost in three sets.
|FactSnippet No. 468,568 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Tsvetana Pironkova entered the Australian Open as the 64th ranked player, and lost in three sets against the 3rd seeded Agnieszka Radwanska as her first round opponent.
|FactSnippet No. 468,567 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Tsvetana Pironkova reached the second round of the US Open but was beaten by Johanna Konta in three sets.
|FactSnippet No. 468,565 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. Tsvetana Pironkova's lost in the opening round to Laura Siegemund, and next played the Cincinnati Masters making her way to the second qualifying round by beating Kateryna Kozlova.
|FactSnippet No. 468,563 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. Tsvetana Pironkova's began the season at the Brisbane International and lost her first-round match to 7th seed Carla Suarez Navarro.
|FactSnippet No. 468,554 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. At Wimbledon, Tsvetana Pironkova lost a second-round match to Maria Sharapova in three sets.
|FactSnippet No. 468,543 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. At the Brussels Open, Tsvetana Pironkova reached the quarterfinals, falling to Kaia Kanepi.
|FactSnippet No. 468,542 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. Tsvetana Pironkova began 2012 representing Bulgaria at the Hopman Cup losing to Petra Kvitova.
|FactSnippet No. 468,539 - en.wikipedia.org|
39. Tsvetana Pironkova played her last tournament of the season Kremlin Cup, Moscow where she came up with better performance reaching the quarterfinals defeating top seeded Vera Zvonareva in round of 16 before losing out to Alona Bondarenko.
|FactSnippet No. 468,533 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Tsvetana Pironkova won four matches at Stuttgart but lost to Agnieszka Radwanska in the round of 16.
|FactSnippet No. 468,532 - en.wikipedia.org|
43. Tsvetana Pironkova advanced to the quarterfinals, her first ever at a Tier-I event, when Victoria Azarenka retired during their third round match with Pironkova leading, but, was defeated in three sets by Anna Chakvetadze.
|FactSnippet No. 468,529 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. Tsvetana Pironkova caused another upset at the Rome Masters, when as a qualifier, she beat top seed and world No 3, Ana Ivanovic, in the second round for the biggest victory of her career at that time.
|FactSnippet No. 468,528 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. Tsvetana Pironkova's reached the second round of the Australian Open, losing to 2nd-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova in straight sets.
|FactSnippet No. 468,527 - en.wikipedia.org|
46. Tsvetana Pironkova made a solid start to 2008, winning two qualifying matches at the Tier II event in Sydney before bowing out in three sets to Dominika Cibulkova.
|FactSnippet No. 468,526 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. In 2003, Tsvetana Pironkova won three ITF singles titles, one in Orestiada and two in Istanbul.
|FactSnippet No. 468,524 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. In September 2002, Tsvetana Pironkova played in Volos, Greece, where she lost only one set playing through the qualifying and main draw.
|FactSnippet No. 468,522 - en.wikipedia.org|
51. Tsvetana Pironkova played her first professional match at a 2002 ITF tournament in Bucharest at the age of 14.
|FactSnippet No. 468,520 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. Tsvetana Pironkova won the 2001 Atlantic Cup International Junior Tournament held in Bulgaria, and her career-high in juniors was world No 227 in March 2002.
|FactSnippet No. 468,519 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. Tsvetana Pironkova has named German Steffi Graff and the Williams sisters as her inspiration during her formative years.
|FactSnippet No. 468,515 - en.wikipedia.org|