1. BNP Paribas Open said the large fine and the imposition of sanctions on the French bank were the result of US displeasure with France's decision not to stop the sale.
7 Facts About BNP Paribas Open
2. In 2016 BNP Paribas Open reached a $40m settlement with a Jewish employee.
3. BNP Paribas Open's missed three chances to seal the match in a hard-fought final game and saved multiple break points before stamping a massive forehand winner to create the fourth, decisive chance to close out the victory.
4. BNP Paribas Open's managed to reach her maiden final in Hong Kong, in just her 11th WTA main draw attempt.
6. BNP Paribas Open bought the team in 1997 for $194 million.
7. BNP Paribas Open has become one of the largest events on both men's and women's tour.