|FactSnippet No. 484,635 - en.wikipedia.org|
27 Facts About Bobby Charlton
2. On 6 February 2012 Sir Bobby Charlton was taken to hospital after falling ill, and subsequently had a gallstone removed.
|FactSnippet No. 484,634 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. In January 2011, Bobby Charlton was voted the fourth greatest Manchester United player of all time by the readers of Inside United and ManUtd.
|FactSnippet No. 484,632 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Bobby Charlton became involved in the cause of land mine clearance after visits to Bosnia and Cambodia and supports the Mines Advisory Group as well as founding his own charity Find a Better Way which funds research into improved civilian landmine clearance.
|FactSnippet No. 484,631 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Bobby Charlton received a knighthood in 1994 and was an Inaugural Inductee to the English Football Hall of Fame in 2002.
|FactSnippet No. 484,628 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. Bobby Charlton remains a director of Manchester United as of 2018 and his continued presence was a factor in placating many fans opposed to the club's takeover by Malcolm Glazer.
|FactSnippet No. 484,625 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Bobby Charlton joined Wigan Athletic as a director, and was briefly caretaker manager there in 1983.
|FactSnippet No. 484,623 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Bobby Charlton was appointed a CBE that year and began a casual association with BBC for punditry on matches, which continued for many years.
|FactSnippet No. 484,622 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Bobby Charlton became the manager of Preston North End in 1973, signing his former United and England teammate Nobby Stiles as player-coach.
|FactSnippet No. 484,621 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Bobby Charlton played in qualifiers for the 1962 World Cup in Chile against Luxembourg and Portugal and was named in the squad for the finals themselves.
|FactSnippet No. 484,617 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Bobby Charlton was selected for the squad which competed at the 1958 World Cup in Sweden, but did not kick a ball, something at which critics expressed surprise and bewilderment, even allowing for his lacklustre performance in Belgrade.
|FactSnippet No. 484,616 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. Bobby Charlton was cautioned only twice in his career; st Argentina in the 1966 World Cup, and once in a league match against Chelsea.
|FactSnippet No. 484,603 - en.wikipedia.org|