|FactSnippet No. 147,577 - en.wikipedia.org|
16 Facts About Brown University
2. Admission at Brown University is among the most selective in the United States.
|FactSnippet No. 147,578 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. At its foundation, Brown University was the first college in North America to accept students regardless of their religious affiliation.
|FactSnippet No. 147,579 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. In 1969, Brown University adopted its Open Curriculum after a period of student lobbying.
|FactSnippet No. 147,580 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. In 1966, the first Group Independent Study Project at Brown University was formed, involving 80 students and 15 professors.
|FactSnippet No. 147,581 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. The walk is bordered by departmental buildings as well as Brown University's Performing Arts Center and Granoff Center for the Creative Arts.
|FactSnippet No. 147,582 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Women's College in Brown University, known as Pembroke College, was founded in October 1891.
|FactSnippet No. 147,583 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In 1969, as Bryant was preparing to relocate to Smithfield, Rhode Island, Brown University purchased their Providence campus for $5 million.
|FactSnippet No. 147,584 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. Brown University's sailing teams are based out of the Ted Turner Sailing Pavilion at the Edgewood Yacht Club in adjacent Cranston.
|FactSnippet No. 147,585 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. In 2020, Brown University announced it had sold 90 percent of its fossil fuel investments as part of a broader divestment from direct investments and managed funds that focus on fossil fuels.
|FactSnippet No. 147,586 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Alumni authors take their degrees across the spectrum of degree concentrations, but a gauge of the strength of writing at Brown University is the number of major national writing prizes won.
|FactSnippet No. 147,587 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Brown University began offering computer science courses through the departments of Economics and Applied Mathematics in 1956 when it acquired an IBM machine.
|FactSnippet No. 147,588 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. Brown University introduced graduate courses in the 1870s and granted its first advanced degrees in 1888.
|FactSnippet No. 147,590 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. In January 2018, Brown University published its first "game-ified" course called Fantastic Places, Unhuman Humans: Exploring Humanity Through Literature, which featured out of platform games to help learners understand materials, as well as a story-line that immerses users into a fictional world to help characters along their journey.
|FactSnippet No. 147,591 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. In 2021, Brown University received a record 948 applications for roughly 90 spots in its Master of Public Health Degree.
|FactSnippet No. 147,592 - en.wikipedia.org|