1. Eric Clapton was earlier inducted as a member of the bands Cream and the Yardbirds.
|FactSnippet No. 482,221 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. In 1993, Eric Clapton was appointed a director of Clouds House, a UK treatment centre for drug and alcohol dependence, and served on their board until 1997.
|FactSnippet No. 482,215 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. In 2014, Eric Clapton explained that Ferrari is still his favourite car brand.
|FactSnippet No. 482,214 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. In July 2013 Eric Clapton displayed it at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in England in the Michelin Supercar Run.
|FactSnippet No. 482,213 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Since the 1970s, Eric Clapton considered himself a "car enthusiast" and often stated his passion for the Ferrari brand.
|FactSnippet No. 482,212 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Eric Clapton has played in concerts to raise funds for the organisation and publicly opposed the Labour Party's ban on fox hunting with the 2004 Hunting Act.
|FactSnippet No. 482,208 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. Eric Clapton was introduced by Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson as a "local guitarist".
|FactSnippet No. 482,201 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. Eric Clapton appeared on the BBC's Top Gear in 2013, during Series 19 Episode 4 and was involved in testing the new Kia Cee'd.
|FactSnippet No. 482,199 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. In 1991 Eric Clapton was featured on Richie Sambora's album, Stranger in This Town, in a song dedicated to him, called "Mr Bluesman".
|FactSnippet No. 482,192 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. In November 1970 Eric Clapton bought six Fender Stratocasters from the Sho-bud guitar shop in Nashville, Tennessee while on tour with the Dominos.
|FactSnippet No. 482,182 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Eric Clapton used both the Les Paul and the SG to create his self-described "woman tone".
|FactSnippet No. 482,176 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Eric Clapton continued to play Les Pauls exclusively with Cream until 1967, when he acquired his most famous guitar in this period, a 1964 Gibson SG, dubbed "the Fool".
|FactSnippet No. 482,175 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Eric Clapton became exclusively a Gibson player for a period beginning in mid-1965, when he purchased a used sunburst Gibson Les Paul guitar from a guitar store in London.
|FactSnippet No. 482,173 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. Eric Clapton was true, absolutely, to his own vision, and as deep as I have gotten into the music over the last 30 years, I have never found anything more deeply soulful than Robert Johnson.
|FactSnippet No. 482,169 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Eric Clapton has performed more times at Madison Square Garden than any other US venue, a total of 45 times.
|FactSnippet No. 482,166 - en.wikipedia.org|
41. On 21 June 2014, Eric Clapton abruptly walked off stage during a concert at the Glasgow Hydro.
|FactSnippet No. 482,165 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. On 13 and 14 November 2013, Eric Clapton headlined the final two evenings of the "Baloise Sessions", an annual indoor music festival in Basel, Switzerland.
|FactSnippet No. 482,164 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. On 29 November 2012, Eric Clapton joined The Rolling Stones at London's O2 Arena during the band's second of five arena dates celebrating their 50th anniversary.
|FactSnippet No. 482,161 - en.wikipedia.org|
47. On 24 June 2011, Eric Clapton was in concert with Pino Daniele in Cava de' Tirreni stadium before performing a series of concerts in South America from 6 to 16 October 2011.
|FactSnippet No. 482,159 - en.wikipedia.org|
51. Eric Clapton was scheduled to perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 25th anniversary concert in Madison Square Garden on 2009, but cancelled due to gallstone surgery.
|FactSnippet No. 482,154 - en.wikipedia.org|
53. In September 2008 Eric Clapton performed at a private charity fundraiser for The Countryside Alliance at Floridita in Soho, London, that included such guests as the London Mayor Boris Johnson.
|FactSnippet No. 482,151 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. In February 2008 Eric Clapton performed with his long-time friend Steve Winwood at Madison Square Garden and guested on his recorded single, "Dirty City", on Winwood's album Nine Lives.
|FactSnippet No. 482,150 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. Eric Clapton learned that Clapton's father was Edward Walter Fryer, born 1920, in Montreal and died in Newmarket, Ontario.
|FactSnippet No. 482,148 - en.wikipedia.org|
56. In 2007 Eric Clapton learned more about his father, a Canadian soldier who left the UK after the war.
|FactSnippet No. 482,147 - en.wikipedia.org|
58. In 1996 Eric Clapton had a relationship with singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow.
|FactSnippet No. 482,142 - en.wikipedia.org|
61. Eric Clapton would get together with the Bee Gees for charity.
|FactSnippet No. 482,135 - en.wikipedia.org|
65. Since then Waters and Eric Clapton have had a close relationship.
|FactSnippet No. 482,130 - en.wikipedia.org|
66. In 1981 Eric Clapton was invited by producer Martin Lewis to appear at the Amnesty International benefit The Secret Policeman's Other Ball in London.
|FactSnippet No. 482,129 - en.wikipedia.org|
69. Eric Clapton worked with much of Delaney and Bonnie's band to record George Harrison's All Things Must Pass in spring 1970.
|FactSnippet No. 482,125 - en.wikipedia.org|
70. On 30 September 1969, Eric Clapton played lead guitar on Lennon's second solo single, "Cold Turkey".
|FactSnippet No. 482,123 - en.wikipedia.org|
72. Eric Clapton would go largely uncredited for his contributions to Harrison's albums due to contractual restraints, and Harrison was credited as "L'Angelo Misterioso" for his contributions to the song "Badge" on Goodbye.
|FactSnippet No. 482,121 - en.wikipedia.org|
74. Eric Clapton is reported to have been embarrassed by the slogan, saying in his The South Bank Show profile in 1987, "I never accepted that I was the greatest guitar player in the world.
|FactSnippet No. 482,118 - en.wikipedia.org|
76. In December 1964, Eric Clapton made his first appearance at the Royal Albert Hall, London, with the Yardbirds.
|FactSnippet No. 482,116 - en.wikipedia.org|
79. In 1962, Eric Clapton started performing as a duo with fellow blues enthusiast David Brock in pubs around Surrey.
|FactSnippet No. 482,112 - en.wikipedia.org|
80. Around this time, Eric Clapton began busking around Kingston, Richmond, and the West End.
|FactSnippet No. 482,111 - en.wikipedia.org|
81. Eric Clapton was named number five in Time magazine's list of "The 10 Best Electric Guitar Players" in 2009.
|FactSnippet No. 482,106 - en.wikipedia.org|