1. Jeff Sessions holds his granddaughter, Jane Ritchie Reinhardt, in 2008.
|FactSnippet No. 838,387|
2. Jeff Sessions quickly reversed a number of the progressive reforms introduced under President Barack Obama, including reducing penalties for drug offenses, ending private prison contracts, and investigating conduct of local police departments.
|FactSnippet No. 812,397|
3. Jeff Sessions served as a Sunday School teacher before he became Attorney General.
|FactSnippet No. 767,365|
4. Jeff Sessions was pursuing his bachelor's degree there while serving as the student body president of the Young Republicans.
|FactSnippet No. 767,363|
5. Jeff Sessions was born in Selma, Alabama and was the state's senator from 1997 to 2017.
|FactSnippet No. 767,361|
10. In 1999, Jeff Sessions cosponsored the bill to award Rosa Parks the Congressional Gold Medal.
|FactSnippet No. 767,353 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. Jeff Sessions was "heartbroken" and found "it beyond comprehension" when President Obama said that cannabis is not as dangerous as alcohol.
|FactSnippet No. 767,348 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. Jeff Sessions criticized the foundation for distributing books related to Islam to hundreds of US libraries, saying "Using taxpayer dollars to fund education program grant questions that are very indefinite or in an effort to seemingly use Federal funds on behalf of just one religion, does not on its face appear to be the appropriate means to establish confidence in the American people that NEH expenditures are wise.
|FactSnippet No. 767,347 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. On October 5, 2005, Jeff Sessions was one of nine Senators who voted against a Senate amendment to a House bill that prohibited cruel, inhumane, or degrading treatment or punishment of individuals in the custody or under the physical control of the United States Government.
|FactSnippet No. 767,345 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Jeff Sessions has expressed the view that the children of immigrants from Muslim-majority countries are "susceptible to the toxic radicalization of terrorist organizations" on the basis of the Orlando and San Bernardino Attacks.
|FactSnippet No. 767,343 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Jeff Sessions called the fatal vehicle-ramming attack at the August 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia an act of domestic terrorism, and began a civil rights investigation into the attack to determine if it will be tried in court as a hate crime.
|FactSnippet No. 767,339 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. On June 13, 2017, Jeff Sessions testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee after canceling testimonies before the House and Senate Committees on Appropriations.
|FactSnippet No. 767,335 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. On March 1, 2017, reports surfaced that Jeff Sessions had contact with Russian government officials during the 2016 US presidential election, even though during his confirmation hearings he denied he had any discussions with representatives of the Russian government.
|FactSnippet No. 767,333 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. Jeff Sessions was introduced by Senator Susan Collins from Maine who said, "Jeff Sessions's a decent individual with a strong commitment to the rule of law.
|FactSnippet No. 767,328 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Jeff Sessions was on the short list to become Trump's running mate, a position that ultimately went to Mike Pence.
|FactSnippet No. 767,326 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. Jeff Sessions has always defended his civil rights record, saying that "when I was [a US Attorney], I signed 10 pleadings attacking segregation or the remnants of segregation, where we as part of the Department of Justice, we sought desegregation remedies".
|FactSnippet No. 767,324 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Jeff Sessions was active in the Young Republicans and was student body president.
|FactSnippet No. 767,320 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. Jeff Sessions is pushed out from his job as US Attorney General and weed stocks soar.
|FactSnippet No. 101,223|
37. Jeff Sessions will surely go down in history as one of the more memorable Cabinet members of the modern era, having been famously bashed by President Donald Trump in the glare of social media for most of his time as US attorney general.
|FactSnippet No. 84,701|
40. Jeff Sessions leaves a dark mark on the Justice Department.
|FactSnippet No. 69,885|
42. Jeff Sessions says he is "confident" that Robert Mueller's probe of alleged Russian.
|FactSnippet No. 69,556|
43. Jeff Sessions weighs possible bid for old Senate seat in Alabama.
|FactSnippet No. 69,550|
45. In the letter, Jeff Sessions said he was departing as head of the Justice Department at the president's request.
|FactSnippet No. 58,139|
49. Jeff Sessions praised employees of the US Department of Justice and touted some of the DOJ's achievements during his tenure.
|FactSnippet No. 58,127|
52. Jeff Sessions focused the majority of his criticism on Kagan's treatment of the military while she was dean of Harvard Law School.
|FactSnippet No. 51,219 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. On July 28, 2009, Jeff Sessions joined five Republican colleagues in voting against Sotomayor's nomination in the Judiciary Committee.
|FactSnippet No. 51,215 - en.wikipedia.org|
62. Jeff Sessions was one of 25 senators to vote against the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, arguing that it "undermines our heritage of law and order, and is an affront to the principle of separation of powers".
|FactSnippet No. 51,203 - en.wikipedia.org|
64. In October 2015, Jeff Sessions opposed Chairman Chuck Grassley's Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act, a bipartisan bill which sought to reduce mandatory minimum sentences for some nonviolent crimes.
|FactSnippet No. 51,199 - en.wikipedia.org|
76. On June 11, 2018, Jeff Sessions reversed a decision by the Board of Immigration Appeals granting a battered woman asylum and announced that victims of domestic abuse or gang violence will no longer qualify for asylum in the United States.
|FactSnippet No. 51,187 - en.wikipedia.org|
88. Jeff Sessions replied that he was "not aware of any of those activities" and said "I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have—did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.
|FactSnippet No. 51,169 - en.wikipedia.org|
91. On February 28, 2016, Jeff Sessions officially endorsed Donald Trump for president.
|FactSnippet No. 51,166 - en.wikipedia.org|
92. Jeff Sessions was an early supporter of the presidential candidacy of Donald Trump, and was a major policy adviser to the Trump campaign, especially in regard to immigration and national security.
|FactSnippet No. 51,164 - en.wikipedia.org|
93. Jeff Sessions was the ranking Republican member on the Senate Budget Committee, a former ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and a senior member of the Armed Services Committee.
|FactSnippet No. 51,163 - en.wikipedia.org|
95. In 2014, Jeff Sessions was uncontested in the Republican primary and was only opposed in the general election by write-in Democratic candidate Victor Sanchez Williams.
|FactSnippet No. 51,161 - en.wikipedia.org|