1. New York Islanders are unusual among professional sports teams in their use of a noncommercial radio station as its primary outlet.
|FactSnippet No. 274,996 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. New York Islanders retired the Stadium Series third jersey after only one season, replacing it with a new black alternate that was unveiled to coincide with the team's move to Brooklyn.
|FactSnippet No. 274,994 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. On May 22, 2018, the New York Islanders officially announced that former New Jersey Devils and Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Lou Lamoriello was named their president of hockey operations, with "full authority over all hockey matters with the organization", and would become general manager on June 5, replacing Garth Snow.
|FactSnippet No. 274,992 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. In June 2015, the New York Islanders selected forward Andong Song in the 6th round of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, making him the first Chinese player to be drafted by an NHL team.
|FactSnippet No. 274,991 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. New York Islanders barely squeezed past the Panthers to make the 1994 playoffs before being swept in a lopsided opening series by the first-place Rangers, who went on to win the Cup.
|FactSnippet No. 274,986 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. In 1975, the New York Islanders made one of the biggest turnarounds in NHL history.
|FactSnippet No. 274,981 - en.wikipedia.org|