1. All India Radio Vijayawada was commissioned on 1 December 1948.
8 Facts About Vijayawada
2. School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada was established in 2008, a higher education institute in Vijayawada.
3. Vijayawada is one of the rapidly growing urban markets of the country.
4. Vijayawada is the headquarters of Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority.
5. Vijayawada is one of the most densely populated cities with approximately 31,200 people per square km.
6. Vijayawada lies on the banks of Krishna River, covered by hills and canals.
7. Vijayawada is classified as a Y-grade city as per the Sixth Central Pay Commission.