1. Since the 16th century, Brussels Capital Region has had its own harbour, the port of Brussels.
FactSnippet No. 559,784 - en.wikipedia.org
2. The city is the arrival location of the Brussels Capital Region Cycling Classic, formerly known as Paris–Brussels, which is one of the oldest semi classic bicycle races on the international calendar.
FactSnippet No. 559,776 - en.wikipedia.org
3. In general, the population of Brussels Capital Region is younger than the national average, and the gap between rich and poor is wider.
FactSnippet No. 559,766 - en.wikipedia.org
4. City of Brussels Capital Region is the location of many national institutions.
FactSnippet No. 559,760 - en.wikipedia.org
5. Under the Koppen climate classification, Brussels Capital Region experiences an oceanic climate.
FactSnippet No. 559,759 - en.wikipedia.org
6. In recent years, Brussels Capital Region has become an important venue for international events.
FactSnippet No. 559,758 - en.wikipedia.org
7. The official founding of Brussels Capital Region is usually situated around 979, when Duke Charles of Lower Lotharingia transferred the relics of Saint Gudula from Moorsel to the Saint Gaugericus chapel.