|FactSnippet No. 820,139|
61 Facts About Haiti
5. In 2005, Haiti paid its arrears to the World Bank, paving the way for reengagement with the Bank.
|FactSnippet No. 202,529|
9. Haiti is the second oldest independent nation in the Western Hemisphere, after the United States.
|FactSnippet No. 202,512|
14. Haiti is a sovereign state occupying the western three-eighths of the island of Hispaniola, in the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region.
|FactSnippet No. 202,502|
16. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and is ranked 149th of 182 countries on the Human Development Index.
|FactSnippet No. 202,497 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Haiti is shaped like a backward C In the north, a peninsula extends westward into the Atlantic Ocean for about 100 miles.
|FactSnippet No. 202,476|
23. Haiti has consulates general in Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, and New York.
|FactSnippet No. 202,440|
24. The US Embassy in Haiti maintains a list of attorneys willing to represent American clients.
|FactSnippet No. 202,438|
26. Haiti is one of the original members of the United Nations and several of its specialized and related agencies, as well as a member of the Organization of American States.
|FactSnippet No. 202,423|
27. Haiti is the world's oldest black republic and the second-oldest republic in the Western Hemisphere, after the United States.
|FactSnippet No. 202,419|
31. Haiti has a bicameral legislature, the National Assembly, with a 30-seat Senate, whose members are elected to six-year terms, and a 99-seat Chamber of Deputies, whose members are elected to four-year terms.
|FactSnippet No. 202,406|
35. Haiti has an area of 27,750 square kilometers, slightly smaller than Maryland.
|FactSnippet No. 202,388|
39. The United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti was established in 2004, at the resignation of Jean-Bertrand Aristide, to support the efforts of the transitional government.
|FactSnippet No. 202,363|
43. Haiti is the second oldest independent nation in the Western Hemisphere after The United States.
|FactSnippet No. 202,335|
44. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, and it is the third-largest country in the Caribbean.
|FactSnippet No. 202,333|
47. The Government of Haiti takes part in the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity taking place in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, from 17th to 29th of November 2018.
|FactSnippet No. 202,324|
48. Haiti has participated in the Olympic Games since the year 1900 and won a number of medals.
|FactSnippet No. 202,318 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. Haiti is one of two independent nations in the Americas to designate French as an official language; the other French-speaking areas are all overseas departements, or collectivites, of France.
|FactSnippet No. 202,312 - en.wikipedia.org|
51. In September 2009, Haiti met the conditions set out by the IMF and World Bank's Heavily Indebted Poor Countries program to qualify for cancellation of its external debt.
|FactSnippet No. 202,304 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. In February 2012, Haiti signaled it would seek to upgrade its observer status to full associate member status of the African Union.
|FactSnippet No. 202,303 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. On 27 September 1945, Haiti became a founding member of the United Nations.
|FactSnippet No. 202,290 - en.wikipedia.org|