1. John McCain passed away at the age of 81 from brain cancer with his family at his side.
|FactSnippet No. 802,212|
3. In 2016 John McCain faced and ultimately fended off a primary challenge from former state senator Kelli Ward, whose adamant opposition to amnesty for illegal immigrants and whose calls to secure the border differed starkly from McCain's tolerant stance but were in keeping with the strident approach taken by Donald Trump as a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination and as the party's standard-bearer in the general election.
|FactSnippet No. 772,050|
4. On October 26, 1967, a John McCain was flying a bombing mission over North Vietnam when a missile struck his plane.
|FactSnippet No. 772,048|
5. John McCain was awarded a Purple Heart for his service in Vietnam.
|FactSnippet No. 772,047|
7. John McCain took it a step further, telling Jones that she feels that the Republican Party has lost its character and that it isn't the political party that she grew up in because Trump has changed it so much.
|FactSnippet No. 772,043|
10. John McCain made uncredited cameo appearances in Wedding Crashers and 24 and had two uncredited cameos in Parks and Recreation.
|FactSnippet No. 772,036 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. John McCain became one of the most vocal critics of the Obama administration's handling of the September 11, 2012, attack on the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, saying it was a "debacle" that featured either "a massive cover-up or incompetence that is not acceptable" and that it was worse than the Watergate scandal.
|FactSnippet No. 772,029 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. John McCain labeled the Supreme Court's 2010 Citizens United v Federal Election Commission decision as "uninformed, arrogant, naive", and, decrying its effects and the future scandals he thought it would bring, said it would become considered the court's "worst decision.
|FactSnippet No. 772,028 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. John McCain was flying his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam when his A-4E Skyhawk was shot down by a missile over Hanoi.
|FactSnippet No. 772,020 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. John McCain was known for his work in the 1990s to restore diplomatic relations with Vietnam, and for his belief that the Iraq War should have been fought to a successful conclusion.
|FactSnippet No. 772,012 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. John McCain entered the US Senate in 1987 and easily won reelection five times, the final time in 2016.
|FactSnippet No. 772,011 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. John McCain was attacked from time to time by groups that sought to denigrate him and his Vietnam war record.
|FactSnippet No. 221,357|
44. John McCain participated in the Vietnam War, during which he nearly perished in the fire which occurred in Woods.
|FactSnippet No. 221,350|
51. In 1979, John McCain met the heiress at a party in Hawaii and courted her.
|FactSnippet No. 221,341|
53. John McCain serves as the Chairman of the International Republican Institute in 1993 and till date.
|FactSnippet No. 221,337|
57. John McCain provided the North Vietnamese with anything of value", said Timberg, who died in 2016.
|FactSnippet No. 221,333|
58. Ted Kennedy and John McCain were two lions of the Senate, legislators from an era of politics that many lament has passed the country by.
|FactSnippet No. 221,332|
59. Senator John McCain told Dad Mag, "Thousands and thousands of calls from people to voters saying "You know the McCains have a black baby" I believe that there is a special place in hell for people like those … Getting angry doesn't serve any useful purpose.
|FactSnippet No. 221,329|
60. John McCain revealed that, "There were some pretty vile and hurtful things said during the South Carolina primary.
|FactSnippet No. 221,328|
64. John McCain once told Town and Country Magazine how his parents would dress for dinner, even when they were home alone.
|FactSnippet No. 221,323|
67. John McCain was elected to the US House of Representatives in 1982, a position he held until 1987.
|FactSnippet No. 221,318|
70. John McCain began his career as a Senator in 1987, when he was elected to the seat in Arizona formerly held by Barry Goldwater.
|FactSnippet No. 221,307|
71. John McCain was taken prisoner by the North Vietnamese forces and imprisoned in Hanoi.
|FactSnippet No. 221,305|
78. John McCain met his second wife, Cindy, at a cocktail party in Hawaii back in 1979.
|FactSnippet No. 221,280|
94. John McCain is notably more conservative than her co-hosts and often offers controversial viewpoints that reflect more Republican values.
|FactSnippet No. 221,254|
97. John McCain regularly took on Donald Trump before and after the 2016 election.
|FactSnippet No. 221,238|
98. John McCain was immediately captured by the North Vietnamese and spent more than five years as a prisoner of war.
|FactSnippet No. 221,237|
101. In 2008, when John McCain was the Republican nominee for president, he rejected a bid from.
|FactSnippet No. 221,232|