1. In 1991, Niger ended military and single-party rule through a National Conference that was to prepare for the democratization of the country.
|FactSnippet No. 855,107|
2. Niger is a republic, with a semi-presidential government based on the 1999 constitution that brought about the country's Fifth Republic.
|FactSnippet No. 855,077|
5. In 1991, Niger sent a 400-man military contingent to join the American-led allied forces against Iraq during the Gulf War.
|FactSnippet No. 855,054|
8. Niger is in the heart of the Sahel, the transitional zone between the tropical West African coast and the Sahara Desert.
|FactSnippet No. 855,028|
9. The National Museum of Niger, founded in 1959 in Niamey, has a zoo, a geological and mineral exhibition, and paleontology and prehistory museums.
|FactSnippet No. 855,008|
13. Niger is one of the poorest countries in the world, ranking near last on the United Nations Development Fund index of human development.
|FactSnippet No. 854,982|
21. Niger is a landlocked nation in West Africa located along the border between the Sahara and Sub-Saharan regions.
|FactSnippet No. 50,718 - en.wikipedia.org|