1. The new Irish Republic of Ireland was recognised internationally only by the Russian Soviet Republic.
|FactSnippet No. 835,244 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. The Republic of Ireland consists of 26 counties, and Northern Ireland of six.
|FactSnippet No. 162,101|
10. The only stadium in Republic of Ireland deemed suitable to stage international football was the 84,500 capacity Croke Park, home of the Gaelic Athletic Association.
|FactSnippet No. 162,078 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. The Republic of Ireland was proclaimed on April 18, 1949, and withdrew from the Commonwealth.
|FactSnippet No. 162,065|
20. Republic of Ireland emerged from the Second World War in better condition than many European countries, having been spared direct involvement in the war and with an income per capita higher than that of most belligerent countries.
|FactSnippet No. 161,992 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Republic of Ireland has participated in the Eurovision Song Contest since 1965.
|FactSnippet No. 161,959 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. As of 2011, Republic of Ireland had the highest birth rate in the European Union.
|FactSnippet No. 161,953 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. Republic of Ireland is a neutral country, and has "triple-lock" rules governing the participation of Irish troops in conflict zones, whereby approval must be given by the UN, the Dail and Government.
|FactSnippet No. 161,947 - en.wikipedia.org|
39. Republic of Ireland tends towards independence in foreign policy; thus the country is not a member of NATO and has a longstanding policy of military neutrality.
|FactSnippet No. 161,945 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Republic of Ireland has been a member state of the European Union since 1973, but has chosen to remain outside the Schengen Area.
|FactSnippet No. 161,943 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. Republic of Ireland is a member of the European Union and is a founding member of the Council of Europe and the OECD.
|FactSnippet No. 161,937 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. Republic of Ireland became a member of the United Nations in December 1955.
|FactSnippet No. 161,936 - en.wikipedia.org|