1. Culture of the Soviet Union passed through several stages during the USSR's 69-year existence.
|FactSnippet No. 72,652 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. In contrast, the Soviet Union was offensively and defensively maneuvering in the acquisition and utilization of the worldwide technology, to increase the competitive advantage that they acquired from the technology, while preventing the US from acquiring a competitive advantage.
|FactSnippet No. 72,651 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. The Soviet Union used the inquisitorial system of Roman law, where the judge, procurator, and defense attorney collaborate to establish the truth.
|FactSnippet No. 72,648 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In 1990, the Soviet Union had a Human Development Index of 0.920, placing it in the "high" category of human development.
|FactSnippet No. 32,442 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. In 1988, the Soviet Union abandoned its nine-year war in Afghanistan and began to withdraw its forces.
|FactSnippet No. 32,439 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. The Soviet Union was recognized as one of the five nuclear weapons states and possessed the largest stockpile of weapons of mass destruction.
|FactSnippet No. 32,435 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. The Soviet Union took an early lead in the Space Race, with the first artificial satellite and the first human spaceflight.
|FactSnippet No. 32,433 - en.wikipedia.org|