1. Stoneman Douglas High was an influential leader in Florida, several buildings are named for her.
|FactSnippet No. 708,769|
5. Stoneman Douglas High served as a charter member of the first American Civil Liberties Union chapter organized in the South in the 1950s.
|FactSnippet No. 708,765 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. Stoneman Douglas High was giving a speech addressing the harmful practices of the Army Corps of Engineers when the colonel in attendance dropped his pen on the floor.
|FactSnippet No. 708,764 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. In 1948 Stoneman Douglas High served on the Coconut Grove Slum Clearance Committee, with a friend of hers named Elizabeth Virrick, who was horrified to learn that no running water or sewers were connected to the racially segregated part of Coconut Grove.
|FactSnippet No. 708,761 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Stoneman Douglas High passionately opposed the governor of Florida, Napoleon Bonaparte Broward, and his attempts to drain the Everglades.
|FactSnippet No. 708,755 - en.wikipedia.org|