1. The Royal Navy contributes to the combined maritime forces in the Gulf in support of coalition operations.
|FactSnippet No. 499,268 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. The Royal Navy was vital in guarding the sea lanes that enabled British forces to fight in North Africa, the Mediterranean and the Far East.
|FactSnippet No. 499,262 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. The Royal Navy had lost control of naval aviation when the Royal Naval Air Service was merged with the Royal Flying Corps to form the Royal Air Force in 1918, but regained control of ship-board aircraft with the return of the Fleet Air Arm to Naval control in 1937.
|FactSnippet No. 499,261 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. The Royal Navy invested in dockyards, and commissioned the oldest surviving dry dock in 1495 at Portsmouth.
|FactSnippet No. 499,258 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. The Royal Navy played a key part in establishing the British Empire as the unmatched world power during the 19th and first part of the 20th centuries.
|FactSnippet No. 499,255 - en.wikipedia.org|