1. The Treaty of Portsmouth, ending the Russo-Japanese War, was signed at the base.
|FactSnippet No. 563,031|
2. The Port Authority of Portsmouth is implementing a long-existing plan to add new piers that will allow for greater cargo capacity and room for vessel overflow.
|FactSnippet No. 563,028|
5. In 2013 Portsmouth were relegated again, this time placing them in the League Two, the fourth tier of English Football.
|FactSnippet No. 562,998 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. University of Portsmouth was founded in 1992 as a new university from the existing Portsmouth Polytechnic; it has 20,000 students on campus as of 2016.
|FactSnippet No. 562,994 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. The Royal Navy's reliance on Portsmouth led to it becoming the most fortified city in the world.
|FactSnippet No. 562,985 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. The city of Portsmouth is nicknamed Pompey and is mainly built on Portsea Island, a flat, low-lying island measuring 24 square kilometres in area, just off the south-east coast of Hampshire.
|FactSnippet No. 562,975 - en.wikipedia.org|