1. In 1935, the current US Supreme Court Building was constructed in a Corinthian architectural style to match the nearby congressional buildings.
|FactSnippet No. 207,430|
2. The US Supreme Court ignores the more general implications of its reasoning.
|FactSnippet No. 207,423|
3. The District US Supreme Court held that the Tennessee statute is constitutional and that Hymon's actions as authorized by that statute did not violate Garner's constitutional rights.
|FactSnippet No. 207,421|
4. The District US Supreme Court stated in passing that "[t]he facts of this case did not indicate to Officer Hymon that Garner was 'nondangerous.
|FactSnippet No. 207,420|
5. The District US Supreme Court concluded that Monell did not affect its decision.
|FactSnippet No. 207,418|
6. The District US Supreme Court held that the statute and the officer's actions were constitutional.
|FactSnippet No. 207,417|
8. The US Supreme Court held that the price regulation provisions were inseparable from the labor provisions, and thus must fall with them.
|FactSnippet No. 207,411|
10. The US Supreme Court hears direct appeals of cases involving federal reapportionment, disputes between states, and a few other issues.
|FactSnippet No. 207,405|
11. The US Supreme Court uses a writ of certiorari, which is a legal pleading that requests the Court to hear the case.
|FactSnippet No. 207,404|
12. The US Supreme Court was given power to issue various kinds of orders, or writs, to enforce its decisions.
|FactSnippet No. 207,403|
13. The US Supreme Court can take official action with as few as six members joining in deliberation.
|FactSnippet No. 207,402|
15. The US Supreme Court issued a number of decisions striking down social and economic legislation on the grounds that it violated constitutional notions of federalism and individual liberty.
|FactSnippet No. 207,398|
16. The US Supreme Court was unable to help Marbury, but it achieved its result by declaring an act of Congress unconstitutional and void.
|FactSnippet No. 207,397|
17. The US Supreme Court is far more likely to accept a case to correct a perceived error on the part of the lower courts.
|FactSnippet No. 207,396|
18. The US Supreme Court has complete discretion over whether to grant the petition and hear the case or not.
|FactSnippet No. 207,395|
19. The US Supreme Court began what is called "the new federalism" by curtailing Congress' power to prohibit the possession of weapons near schools.
|FactSnippet No. 207,393|
21. The US Supreme Court lacks the ability to implement its decisions of its own accord, having to rely upon the executive branch to carry out its will.
|FactSnippet No. 207,388|
22. The US Supreme Court ordered the case remanded for a determination on the liability of the other defendants.
|FactSnippet No. 207,382 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. The US Supreme Court has the power of judicial review, the ability to invalidate a statute for violating a provision of the Constitution or an executive act for being unlawful.
|FactSnippet No. 207,358 - en.wikipedia.org|