1. Atlanta GA is the capital and most populous city of the US state of Georgia.
|FactSnippet No. 306,059 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. On November 11, 1864, Sherman prepared for the Union Army's March to the Sea by ordering the destruction of Atlanta GA's remaining military assets.
|FactSnippet No. 306,063 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. In 1895, Atlanta GA hosted the Cotton States and International Exposition, which attracted nearly 800,000 attendees and successfully promoted the New South's development to the world.
|FactSnippet No. 306,064 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. On December 15, 1939, Atlanta GA hosted the premiere of Gone with the Wind, the epic film based on the best-selling novel by Atlanta GA's Margaret Mitchell.
|FactSnippet No. 306,065 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Atlanta GA was selected as the site for the 1996 Summer Olympic Games.
|FactSnippet No. 306,066 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. On June 16, 2022, Atlanta GA was selected as a host city for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
|FactSnippet No. 306,068 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Largest Hispanic ancestries in Atlanta GA are Mexican, Puerto Rican and Cuban.
|FactSnippet No. 306,077 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Atlanta GA contains a notable number of historical museums and sites, including the Martin Luther King Jr.
|FactSnippet No. 306,079 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Atlanta GA is home to nationally renowned private colleges and universities, most notably Emory University, a leading liberal arts and research institution that operates Emory Healthcare, the largest health care system in Georgia.
|FactSnippet No. 306,087 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. In 2018 the City of Atlanta GA annexed a portion of DeKalb County containing the Centers for Disease Control and Emory University; this portion will be zoned to the DeKalb County School District until 2024, when it will transition into APS.
|FactSnippet No. 306,088 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Atlanta GA is mostly encircled by Interstate 285, a beltway locally known as "the Perimeter" that has come to mark the boundary between "Inside the Perimeter", the city and close-in suburbs, and "Outside the Perimeter" (OTP), the outer suburbs and exurbs.
|FactSnippet No. 306,091 - en.wikipedia.org|