|FactSnippet No. 29,745 - en.wikipedia.org|
38 Facts About Chargers
3. Chargers were founded in Los Angeles in 1959, and began play in 1960 as a charter member of the American Football League.
|FactSnippet No. 29,747 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. In 2017, the Chargers relocated back to Los Angeles after 56 seasons in San Diego, a year after the Rams had moved back to the city after spending 21 seasons in St Louis.
|FactSnippet No. 29,748 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. The Chargers traded several players and draft choices to the Arizona Cardinals in order to move up to the second pick and select Leaf.
|FactSnippet No. 29,756 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Jones left the team at the end of the season to coach at the University of Hawaii and the Chargers named former Oregon State University head coach Mike Riley as their new head coach.
|FactSnippet No. 29,757 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. The Chargers signed Heisman Trophy winner free agent quarterback Doug Flutie, formerly with the Bills, and traded the team's first overall selection in the 2001 NFL Draft to the Atlanta Falcons for their first-round selection and third-round selection in the same draft.
|FactSnippet No. 29,759 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. When St Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke announced in January 2015 his intention to build a new stadium in Inglewood, the Chargers felt pressured to announce their own Los Angeles plan to preserve what they claimed was "25 percent of their fan base" in the affluent Los Angeles and Orange County areas.
|FactSnippet No. 29,767 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. The Chargers lost to the Cincinnati Bengals and Minnesota Vikings on the road before defeating the Cleveland Browns on a last second field goal.
|FactSnippet No. 29,768 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. The Chargers became the second former San Diego professional sports franchise to relocate to Los Angeles, after the Clippers in 1984.
|FactSnippet No. 29,770 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. On October 27, 2003, the Chargers wore their navy pants with their navy jersey for a Monday Night Football game versus the Miami Dolphins that was played at Sun Devil Stadium, then the home of the Arizona Cardinals, due to wildfires in southern California.
|FactSnippet No. 29,774 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. On January 12, 2017, with the announcement that the Chargers were moving to Los Angeles, the team unveiled a new alternate logo incorporating the letters "LA" with a lightning bolt.
|FactSnippet No. 29,779 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. The Los Angeles Chargers appeared in the postseason in one of the five last seasons, which happened in 2018 that resulted in a Divisional loss to the Patriots.
|FactSnippet No. 29,780 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. Recent notable honors with current members of the Los Angeles Chargers include NFL Rookie of the Year in 2016 for Joey Bosa and in 2020 for Justin Herbert (Offensive) along with NFL Comeback Player of the Year for Keenan Allen in 2017.
|FactSnippet No. 29,781 - en.wikipedia.org|