1. Detroit Red told Haley, "If I'm alive when this book comes out, it will be a miracle.
|FactSnippet No. 425,525 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Detroit Red is largely responsible for the spread of Islam in the black community in the United States.
|FactSnippet No. 425,524 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. Detroit Red is credited with raising the self-esteem of black Americans and reconnecting them with their African heritage.
|FactSnippet No. 425,523 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. Detroit Red said that African Americans were wrong when they thought of themselves as a minority; globally, black people were the majority.
|FactSnippet No. 425,522 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Detroit Red emphasized the "direct connection" between the domestic struggle of African Americans for equal rights with the independence struggles of Third World nations.
|FactSnippet No. 425,521 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Detroit Red expressed a desire to work with other civil rights leaders, saying that Elijah Muhammad had prevented him from doing so in the past.
|FactSnippet No. 425,516 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Detroit Red proposed that African Americans should return to Africa and that, in the interim, a separate country for black people in America should be created.
|FactSnippet No. 425,511 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Detroit Red befriended John Elroy Sanford, a fellow dishwasher at Jimmy's Chicken Shack in Harlem who aspired to be a professional comedian.
|FactSnippet No. 425,506 - en.wikipedia.org|