1. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi says she has the votes to become the next House speaker.
|FactSnippet No. 134,272|
2. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told CNN this week she's "100 percent confident" she'll be the next speaker of the House.
|FactSnippet No. 78,249|
5. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi held a press conference on Capitol Hill Wednesday, hours after Democrats recaptured the House in the midterm elections Tuesday night.
|FactSnippet No. 62,093|
6. Since then, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has enjoyed overwhelming support in her political career, collecting 76 and 77 percent of the vote in California's 5th congressional district for the 1988 and 1990 Race for US House of Representatives.
|FactSnippet No. 54,984 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi states that her Catholic faith is behind her position on LGBT rights such as same-sex marriage, despite the fact that the Catholic Church teaches that marriage is between one man and one woman.
|FactSnippet No. 54,978 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. On March 10, 2017, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi stated that Democrats would continue battling Republican efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act but would be willing to form a compromise measure in the event that Republicans were unable to pass a compromise bill and reached out for bipartisan support.
|FactSnippet No. 54,970 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi opposed the welfare reform proposed by President Bush as well as reforms proposed and passed under President Clinton.
|FactSnippet No. 54,962 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. In February 2009, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi met with her bishop, Archbishop George Hugh Niederauer of San Francisco, and with Pope Benedict XVI as a result of comments she made to Tom Brokaw on Meet the Press that many observers felt inaccurately portrayed Church teaching on the subject of abortion and the beginning of life.
|FactSnippet No. 54,960 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi voted against the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 and earlier attempts at similar bans, and voted against the criminalization of certain situations where a minor is transported across state lines for an abortion.
|FactSnippet No. 54,959 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. In July 2015, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said she was convinced Obama would have enough votes to secure the Iran nuclear deal, crediting the president with having made a "very strong and forceful presentation of his case supporting the nuclear agreement with Iran" and called the deal "a diplomatic masterpiece.
|FactSnippet No. 54,958 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. In a February 15, 2007, interview, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi noted that Bush consistently said he supports a diplomatic resolution to differences with Iran "and I take him at his word".
|FactSnippet No. 54,957 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. In 2008, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said: "For years, I have opposed the embargo on Cuba.
|FactSnippet No. 54,956 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has been credited for spearheading President Obama's health care law when it seemed that it would go down in defeat.
|FactSnippet No. 54,944 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. Prior to the US 2006 midterm elections, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi announced a plan for action: If elected, she and the newly empowered Democratic caucus would push through most of its program during the first hundred hours of the 110th Congress' term.
|FactSnippet No. 54,942 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi strongly opposed the plan, saying there was no crisis, and as minority leader she imposed intense party discipline on her caucus, leading them to near-unanimous opposition to Bush's proposal, and subsequent defeat of the proposed plan.
|FactSnippet No. 54,941 - en.wikipedia.org|
43. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi became a friend of one of the leaders of the California Democratic Party, 5th District Congressman Phillip Burton.
|FactSnippet No. 54,933 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is expected to run for Speaker of the House of Representatives on the opening of the 116th US Congress on January 3rd, 2019.
|FactSnippet No. 54,931 - en.wikipedia.org|