|FactSnippet No. 104,407|
41 Facts About Kuala Lumpur
2. Kuala Lumpur is one of the major ASEAN city with taxis extensively running on natural gas.
|FactSnippet No. 97,231 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Kuala Lumpur is the birthplace of Hashing, which began in December 1938 when a group of British colonial officers and expatriates, some from the Selangor Club, began meeting on Monday evenings to run, in a fashion patterned after the traditional British Paper Chase or "Hare and Hounds".
|FactSnippet No. 97,221 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. Kuala Lumpur has a considerable array of sports facilities of international class after hosting the 1998 Commonwealth Games.
|FactSnippet No. 97,219 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Kuala Lumpur hosted the official Asian Basketball Championship in 1965, 1977 and 1985.
|FactSnippet No. 97,217 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Kuala Lumpur is a hub for cultural activities and events in Malaysia.
|FactSnippet No. 97,211 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Kuala Lumpur is home to the University of Malaya.
|FactSnippet No. 97,209 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. Kuala Lumpur is the most populous city in Malaysia, with a population of 1.76 million in the city proper as of 2016.
|FactSnippet No. 97,203 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Kuala Lumpur has been home for years to important research centres such as the Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia, the Forest Research Institute Malaysia and the Institute of Medical Research and more research centres are expected to be established in the coming years.
|FactSnippet No. 97,199 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Kuala Lumpur is poised to become the global Islamic Financing hub with an increasing number of financial institutions providing Islamic Financing and the strong presence of Gulf's financial institutions such as the world's largest Islamic bank, Al-Rajhi Bank and Kuwait Finance House.
|FactSnippet No. 97,197 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Kuala Lumpur is rated as an alpha world city, and is the only global city in Malaysia, according to the Globalization and World Cities Study Group and Network.
|FactSnippet No. 97,194 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. Kuala Lumpur is a centre for finance, insurance, real estate, media and the arts of Malaysia.
|FactSnippet No. 97,193 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. Kuala Lumpur was administered by a corporation sole called the Federal Capital Commissioner from 1 April 1961, until it was awarded city status in 1972, after which executive power transferred to the Lord Mayor.
|FactSnippet No. 97,192 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. In 1974, Kuala Lumpur was separated from Selangor to form the first Federal Territory governed directly by the Malaysian Federal Government.
|FactSnippet No. 97,191 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Kuala Lumpur achieved city status in 1972, becoming the first settlement in Malaysia to be granted the status after independence.
|FactSnippet No. 97,186 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. Kuala Lumpur remained the capital after the formation of Malaysia on 16 September 1963.
|FactSnippet No. 97,184 - en.wikipedia.org|
39. Kuala Lumpur is one of three Federal Territories of Malaysia, enclaved within the state of Selangor, on the central west coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
|FactSnippet No. 97,172 - en.wikipedia.org|