1. In 1914, Hamburg placed third—after London and New York—among the harbors of the world.
FactSnippet No. 214,698
2. On May 3, 1945, Hamburg was liberated by British troops who offered aid to the few hundred Jewish survivors.
FactSnippet No. 214,693
3. At the heart of Hamburg is a lake, measuring 455 acres, formed by the damming of the Alster and divided by the Lombardsbrucke into the Binnenalster (Inner Alster) and the Aussenalster (Outer Alster).
FactSnippet No. 214,671
4. Since then, teams from Hamburg have attempted to return to Germany's elite league.
FactSnippet No. 214,651 - en.wikipedia.org
5. Since 2007, Hamburg has the Dockville music and art festival.
FactSnippet No. 214,639 - en.wikipedia.org
6. Less than half of the residents of Hamburg are members of a religion.