1. The biggest transfer fee paid by Sunderland is the eventual £17.1 million for Didier Ndong, who was bought from FC Lorient in August 2016.
|FactSnippet No. 162,738 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. In October 2015, Sunderland defeated rivals Newcastle United for the sixth consecutive time, a new record.
|FactSnippet No. 162,735 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. In 1997, Sunderland moved to their present ground, Stadium of Light in Monkwearmouth, which was opened by Prince Andrew, Duke of York.
|FactSnippet No. 162,734 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. On 5 December 1908, Sunderland achieved their highest ever league win, against north-east rivals Newcastle United.
|FactSnippet No. 162,728 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. Port of Sunderland is the second largest municipally owned port in the UK.
|FactSnippet No. 162,703 - en.wikipedia.org|