1. Meryl Streep broke into films in the 1970s with a role in the 1977 drama Julia.
|FactSnippet No. 813,390|
2. Meryl Streep began her career on the New York stage in the late 1960s and appeared in several Broadway productions, including a 1977 revival of the Anton Chekhov drama The Cherry Orchard.
|FactSnippet No. 813,389|
5. Meryl Streep was born on June 22, 1949, in Summit, New Jersey.
|FactSnippet No. 813,384|
6. Meryl Streep moved to New York City in 1975 and was cast by Joseph Papp in a production of Trelawny of the Wells.
|FactSnippet No. 813,383|
7. Meryl Streep is married to sculptor Don Gummer and has four children with him Henry, Mamie(actress), Grace and Louisa (model).
|FactSnippet No. 813,382|
8. Meryl Streep spent months watching broadcasts of Margaret Thatcher, to learn her mannerisms and speech, in preparation for the role.
|FactSnippet No. 813,380|
9. Roger Ebert said of her delivery that Meryl Streep had the enchanting Polish-American accent, "the first accent I've ever wanted to hug.
|FactSnippet No. 813,379|
10. Meryl Streep is one of the six actors to have won three or more competitive Academy Awards for acting.
|FactSnippet No. 813,378|
14. Meryl Streep is a distant relative of William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania, records show that her family is among the first purchasers of land in the state.
|FactSnippet No. 813,374|
15. Meryl Streep is often mixed up with Glenn Close, a longtime friend of hers.
|FactSnippet No. 813,371|
17. Meryl Streep is known for her ability to command accents; she's nailed everything from Australian, British, Danish and Italian to New York Bronx.
|FactSnippet No. 813,367|
18. Meryl Streep said, "I would like Martin Scorsese to be interested in a female character once in a while, but I don't know if I'll live that long.
|FactSnippet No. 813,366|
19. Meryl Streep told London's The Daily Mirror, "I was not thrilled with her policies or her politics because my friends and I were all playing for the other team.
|FactSnippet No. 813,364|
23. Meryl Streep got the role in "The Deer Hunter" after De Niro saw her performance in "The Cherry Orchard.
|FactSnippet No. 813,355|
24. Meryl Streep can easily command different accents, starting from Australian, Italian, German, Polish, to even New York Bronx.
|FactSnippet No. 813,354|
26. Meryl Streep was awarded alongside Stevie Wonder and 18 other people who have done amazing things to help the country progress.
|FactSnippet No. 813,352|
36. In 2003, Meryl Streep appeared unaccredited in the comedy Stuck on You and starred in the HBO play adaptation Angels in America.
|FactSnippet No. 813,336|
37. In 1998 Meryl Streep played a cancer sufferer caught in a difficult family situation, playing the mother of Renee Zellweger and wife of William Hurt in One True Thing.
|FactSnippet No. 813,335|
45. Meryl Streep got in touch with Nicole about joining the cast after the show scooped four Golden Globes.
|FactSnippet No. 813,325|
50. Meryl Streep appeared opposite Michael Gambon and Catherine McCormack in Pat O'Connor's Dancing at Lughnasa, which was entered into the Venice Film Festival in its year of release.
|FactSnippet No. 813,310 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. Meryl Streep plays the Brooklyn scenes with an enchanting Polish-American accent, and she plays the flashbacks in subtitled German and Polish.
|FactSnippet No. 813,305 - en.wikipedia.org|
57. Meryl Streep is the godmother of fellow actress Billie Lourd, daughter of Carrie Fisher.
|FactSnippet No. 38,311 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. On October 4, 2012, Meryl Streep donated $1 million to The Public Theater in honor of both its late founder, Joseph Papp, and her friend, the author Nora Ephron.
|FactSnippet No. 38,305 - en.wikipedia.org|
61. Meryl Streep is the spokesperson for the National Women's History Museum, to which she has made significant donations, and hosted numerous events.
|FactSnippet No. 38,304 - en.wikipedia.org|
66. In July 2014, it was announced that Meryl Streep would portray Maria Callas in Master Class, but the project was pulled after director Mike Nichols's death in November of the same year.
|FactSnippet No. 38,293 - en.wikipedia.org|
68. Meryl Streep was aware of the book before being offered the role by co-star and producer Jeff Bridges.
|FactSnippet No. 38,290 - en.wikipedia.org|
76. The same year, Meryl Streep began work on Spike Jonze's comedy-drama Adaptation.
|FactSnippet No. 38,280 - en.wikipedia.org|
78. Meryl Streep portrayed Roberta Guaspari, a real-life New Yorker who found passion and enlightenment teaching violin to the inner-city kids of East Harlem, in the music drama Music of the Heart.
|FactSnippet No. 38,278 - en.wikipedia.org|
83. In the drama Kramer vs Kramer, Meryl Streep was cast opposite Dustin Hoffman as an unhappily married woman who abandons her husband and child.
|FactSnippet No. 38,260 - en.wikipedia.org|
86. Meryl Streep enrolled as a visiting student at Dartmouth College in the fall of 1970, and received an Honorary Doctor of Arts degree from the college in 1981.
|FactSnippet No. 38,256 - en.wikipedia.org|
92. Meryl Streep is the second cousin 7 times removed of William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania; records show that her family is among the first purchasers of land in the state.
|FactSnippet No. 38,250 - en.wikipedia.org|
95. Meryl Streep is very funny as a tyrannical fashion magazine editor and Anne Hathaway is at her most appealing as the editor's hapless personal assistant.
|FactSnippet No. 15,769|