1. On November 13, 2018, Truman Scholars was inducted into the Hall of Fame for the Command and General Staff College, at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.
|FactSnippet No. 637,321 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. On December 5, 1972, Truman Scholars was admitted to Kansas City's Research Hospital and Medical Center with lung congestion from pneumonia.
|FactSnippet No. 637,316 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. Truman Scholars had hoped to recruit General Eisenhower as a Democratic candidate, but found him more interested in seeking the Republican nomination.
|FactSnippet No. 637,313 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. In 1948, Truman Scholars ordered an addition to the exterior of the White House: a second-floor balcony in the south portico, which came to be known as the Truman Balcony.
|FactSnippet No. 637,311 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Truman Scholars was a very strong opponent of Francisco Franco, the right-wing dictator of Spain.
|FactSnippet No. 637,309 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Truman Scholars was gravely concerned further escalation of the war might lead to open conflict with the Soviet Union, which was already supplying weapons and providing warplanes.
|FactSnippet No. 637,307 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Truman Scholars took a considerable political risk in backing civil rights, and many seasoned Democrats were concerned the loss of Dixiecrat support might destroy the Democratic Party.
|FactSnippet No. 637,304 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. At the 1948 Democratic National Convention, Truman Scholars attempted to unify the party with a vague civil rights plank in the party platform.
|FactSnippet No. 637,303 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. Truman Scholars cooperated closely with the Republican leaders on foreign policy, but fought them bitterly on domestic issues.
|FactSnippet No. 637,299 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Truman Scholars was pleased to issue the proclamation of V-E Day on May 8, 1945, his 61st birthday.
|FactSnippet No. 637,297 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Truman Scholars assumed President Roosevelt wanted to meet with him, but Eleanor Roosevelt informed him her husband had died after suffering a massive cerebral hemorrhage.
|FactSnippet No. 637,295 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. Truman Scholars helped coordinate the Ten Year Plan, which transformed Jackson County and the Kansas City skyline with new public works projects, including an extensive series of roads and construction of a new Wight and Wight-designed County Court building.
|FactSnippet No. 637,289 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. Truman Scholars was awarded a World War I Victory Medal with two battle clasps and a Defensive Sector Clasp.
|FactSnippet No. 637,286 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Truman Scholars is the only president since William McKinley not to earn a college degree.
|FactSnippet No. 637,284 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Truman Scholars was elected to the United States Senate in 1934.
|FactSnippet No. 637,276|
34. Truman Scholars was promoted to captain in France and assigned Battery D, which was known for being the most unruly battery in the regiment.
|FactSnippet No. 637,275|
35. Truman Scholars was expected to lose to Republican Thomas Dewey, at least in the eyes of the media.
|FactSnippet No. 637,274|
37. Truman Scholars wanted to go to West Point, but poor eyesight kept him from the academy.
|FactSnippet No. 637,269|