|FactSnippet No. 471,931 - en.wikipedia.org|
45 Facts About Korea Republic
2. South Korea Republic is especially strong in short track speed skating.
|FactSnippet No. 471,930 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. South Korea Republic regularly performs well in archery, shooting, table tennis, badminton, short track speed skating, handball, hockey, freestyle wrestling, Greco-Roman wrestling, baseball, judo, taekwondo, speed skating, figure Skating, and weightlifting.
|FactSnippet No. 471,927 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. South Korea Republic has sought the assistance of foreign countries such as Russia through MTCR commitments to supplement its restricted domestic rocket technology.
|FactSnippet No. 471,918 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. South Korea Republic has sent up 10 satellites from 1992, all using foreign rockets and overseas launch pads, notably Arirang-1 in 1999, and Arirang-2 in 2006 as part of its space partnership with Russia.
|FactSnippet No. 471,917 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. South Korea Republic's pensions system structure is primarily based on taxation and is income-related.
|FactSnippet No. 471,914 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. South Korea Republic ranked number 10 overall in the 2014 NRI ranking, up from 11 in 2013.
|FactSnippet No. 471,913 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. South Korea Republic is the third highest ranked Asian country in the World Economic Forum's Network Readiness Index after Singapore and Hong Kong respectively—an indicator for determining the development level of a country's information and communication technologies.
|FactSnippet No. 471,912 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. South Korea Republic has sought unique technologies such as pyroprocessing to circumvent these obstacles and seek a more advantageous competition.
|FactSnippet No. 471,911 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. South Korea Republic is not allowed to enrich uranium or develop traditional uranium enrichment technology on its own, because of US political pressure, unlike most major nuclear powers such as Japan, Germany, and France, competitors of South Korea in the international nuclear market.
|FactSnippet No. 471,910 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. South Korea Republic is an emerging exporter of nuclear reactors, having concluded agreements with the UAE to build and maintain four advanced nuclear reactors, with Jordan for a research nuclear reactor, and with Argentina for construction and repair of heavy-water nuclear reactors.
|FactSnippet No. 471,908 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. South Korea Republic became a member of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in 1996.
|FactSnippet No. 471,905 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. South Korea Republic's mixed economy ranks 11th nominal and 13th purchasing power parity GDP in the world, identifying it as one of the G-20 major economies.
|FactSnippet No. 471,904 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. In 2004, South Korea Republic sent 3,300 troops of the Zaytun Division to help re-building in northern Iraq, and was the third largest contributor in the coalition forces after only the US and Britain.
|FactSnippet No. 471,903 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. In 2010, South Korea Republic was spending ₩1.68 trillion in a cost-sharing agreement with the US to provide budgetary support to the US forces in Korea, on top of the ₩29.6 trillion budget for its own military.
|FactSnippet No. 471,900 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. North Korea Republic initially threatened to sever all ties, to completely abrogate the previous pact of non-aggression, and to expel all South Koreans from a joint industrial zone in Kaesong, but backtracked on its threats and decided to continue its ties with South Korea.
|FactSnippet No. 471,893 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. In November 2009 South Korea Republic joined the OECD Development Assistance Committee, marking the first time a former aid recipient country joined the group as a donor member.
|FactSnippet No. 471,889 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. South Korea Republic maintains diplomatic relations with more than 188 countries.
|FactSnippet No. 471,888 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. South Korea Republic still uses some Chinese Hanja characters in limited areas, such as print media and legal documentation.
|FactSnippet No. 471,885 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. South Korea Republic is one of the top-performing OECD countries in reading literacy, maths and sciences with the average student scoring 542 and has one of the worlds most highly educated labour forces among OECD countries.
|FactSnippet No. 471,883 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. South Korea Republic has the steepest decline in working age population of the OECD nations.
|FactSnippet No. 471,882 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. South Korea Republic is nevertheless becoming a more multi-ethnic society over time due to immigration.
|FactSnippet No. 471,881 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. South Korea Republic has four distinct seasons; spring, summer, autumn and winter.
|FactSnippet No. 471,879 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. South Korea Republic is a global leader in the industrial and technological sectors, being the world's 5th largest exporter and 8th largest importer.
|FactSnippet No. 471,873 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. South Korea Republic lies in the north temperate zone and has a predominantly mountainous terrain.
|FactSnippet No. 471,870 - en.wikipedia.org|