1. Tencent is the world's largest video game vendor, as well as one of the most financially valuable companies.
|FactSnippet No. 14,139 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. Tencent Holding Ltd was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on 16 June 2004, and it was added as a Hang Seng Index Constituent Stock in 2008.
|FactSnippet No. 14,142 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Tencent acquired a minority stake in Epic Games, developer of franchises like Fortnite, Unreal, Gears of War and Infinity Blade, in June 2012.
|FactSnippet No. 14,145 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. On 15 January 2014, Tencent said it would invest HKD 1.5 billion in logistics and warehouse firm China South City Holdings Ltd to develop its e-commerce and logistics business.
|FactSnippet No. 14,146 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. In January 2015, Tencent launched WeBank, China's first online-only bank.
|FactSnippet No. 14,150 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. In July 2016, Tencent acquired a majority stake in China Music Corporation.
|FactSnippet No. 14,151 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. In May 2017, Tencent surpassed Wells Fargo to enter the world's top 10 most valuable companies.
|FactSnippet No. 14,152 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. Tencent became the second Asian company after Alibaba Group to surpass US$400 billion market cap.
|FactSnippet No. 14,154 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. In October 2019, Tencent began sending out refunds to customers after cancelling the broadcast of NBA games in response to the Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey's social media comments in support of protests in Hong Kong.
|FactSnippet No. 14,156 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. On 29 June 2020, Tencent acquired the video-on-demand service iflix in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
|FactSnippet No. 14,157 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. On 11 January 2022, it was announced that Tencent was in talks to acquire Xiaomi-backed Black Shark, one of the largest gaming smartphone makers in China.
|FactSnippet No. 14,161 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Tencent was reported in 2017 to be working with China's Central Bank to develop a central payments clearing platform for online payments.
|FactSnippet No. 14,166 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. In 2017, Tencent launched its own credit score system called Tencent Credit, with a process similar to that of Sesame Credit, operated by its competitor, the Alibaba Group, through its subsidiary Ant Financial.
|FactSnippet No. 14,171 - en.wikipedia.org|
39. Tencent emphasized, "That will never happen on my watch as the founder, CEO, and controlling shareholder," and that Epic is an American company, implying that it would not compromise an ethos of free speech in the name of currying favor with authorities in China just to try to maximize profit there.
|FactSnippet No. 14,177 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. In January 2021, a proposed class action lawsuit was filed in California against Tencent, alleging user censorship and surveillance via WeChat.
|FactSnippet No. 14,178 - en.wikipedia.org|