1. Edward Scott Pruitt currently resides in Tulsa city of Oklahoma with his wife and children.
|FactSnippet No. 601,672|
2. New York Times added that Edward Scott Pruitt lied about accepting significant salary bumps for two aides who had worked with him since before he took office and several EPA officials who spoke up against Pruitt left or were forced out.
|FactSnippet No. 601,667|
4. Edward Scott Pruitt has served as head of the Republican Attorneys General Association, a group that has relied heavily on funds from ultraconservative groups and the oil industry.
|FactSnippet No. 601,664|
6. Edward Scott Pruitt was quoted as saying: "The American people are tired of seeing billions of dollars drained from our economy due to unnecessary EPA regulations, and I intend to run this agency in a way that fosters both responsible protection of the environment and freedom for American businesses.
|FactSnippet No. 601,662|
9. On March 29, 2017, Edward Scott Pruitt denied an administrative petition by the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Pesticide Action Network North America to ban chlorpyrifos, explaining "we are returning to using sound science in decision-making—rather than predetermined results".
|FactSnippet No. 601,656 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Edward Scott Pruitt has since traveled to Iowa twice to promote the repeal of the Clean Water Rule and to promise support of corn ethanol production.
|FactSnippet No. 601,654 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Edward Scott Pruitt had requested public comment on reductions to the Renewable Fuel Standard after being encouraged to do so by Carl Icahn.
|FactSnippet No. 601,653 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. On June 27, 2017, Edward Scott Pruitt released a proposal to rescind the Clean Water Rule.
|FactSnippet No. 601,644 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Edward Scott Pruitt stated at his Senate confirmation hearing in January 2017 that the EPA has an "obligation" to regulate carbon dioxide in accordance with a 2007 Supreme Court case and 2009 EPA decision establishing carbon emissions as a threat to public health.
|FactSnippet No. 601,641 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. The Washington Post reported that Edward Scott Pruitt had meetings with officials from the same industries that he regulated while EPA head.
|FactSnippet No. 601,638 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. Edward Scott Pruitt bought obtained Rose Bowl tickets via the head of a firm, Saxum, doing public affairs work for energy companies.
|FactSnippet No. 601,637 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. Edward Scott Pruitt instructed at least three EPA aides to help secure a White House internship for his daughter, after which she received such a post.
|FactSnippet No. 601,636 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. Edward Scott Pruitt instructed one of his aides to contact the Republican Attorneys General Association about finding a job for his wife, but the aide refused as she considered it an ethics violation.
|FactSnippet No. 601,635 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Edward Scott Pruitt had a top EPA aide contact major Republican donors for job opportunities for his wife.
|FactSnippet No. 601,634 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Edward Scott Pruitt hired former Oklahoma banker Albert Kelly to head the Superfund program, which is responsible for cleaning up the nation's most contaminated land.
|FactSnippet No. 601,630 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. In 2018, Edward Scott Pruitt faced increased scrutiny concerning a December 2017 trip to Morocco.
|FactSnippet No. 601,625 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. In October 2017, CNN reported that Edward Scott Pruitt had requested a dozen more agents, which would cost the taxpayers at least $2 million per year in salaries alone.
|FactSnippet No. 601,623 - en.wikipedia.org|
39. Edward Scott Pruitt hired the former treasurer of his political action committee, Elizabeth Beacham White to run the EPA office that handles Freedom of Information Act requests for Pruitt's office.
|FactSnippet No. 601,616 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. Edward Scott Pruitt has come under the scrutiny of the United States Office of Government Ethics regarding potential violations of Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, which specifically incorporates, "Employees shall not use public office for private gain", and "Employees shall endeavor to avoid any actions creating the appearance that they are violating the law or the ethical standards set forth in this part.
|FactSnippet No. 601,610 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. Along the way, Edward Scott Pruitt has begun to dismantle former president Barack Obama's environmental legacy, halting the agency's efforts to combat climate change and to shift the nation away from its reliance on fossil fuels.
|FactSnippet No. 601,602 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. In February 2017, Edward Scott Pruitt was ordered by the Oklahoma District Court to release thousands of emails of communication with fossil fuel industries in order to comply with Freedom of Information Act requests filed over a two-year period by the liberal watchdog group Center for Media and Democracy.
|FactSnippet No. 601,599 - en.wikipedia.org|
53. Edward Scott Pruitt was an advisor to the Jeb Bush presidential campaign, 2016.
|FactSnippet No. 601,598 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. In October 2014, Edward Scott Pruitt criticized the Supreme Court's refusal to hear Oklahoma's appeal in the definition of marriage case.
|FactSnippet No. 601,597 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. Edward Scott Pruitt expressed his dissatisfaction when a federal court ruled that Oklahoma's voter-approved amendment in 2004 to the Oklahoma State Constitution that defined marriage as only the union of one man and one woman was a violation of the US Constitution in 2014.
|FactSnippet No. 601,596 - en.wikipedia.org|
57. In June 2013, Edward Scott Pruitt maintained that the Supreme Court's decision to strike down a provision of DOMA, a federal law that denied federal benefits to homosexual married couples did not affect Oklahoma's laws on the subject.
|FactSnippet No. 601,594 - en.wikipedia.org|
58. Edward Scott Pruitt was unhappy with the United States Supreme Court's rejection of the Oklahoma case.
|FactSnippet No. 601,593 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. In 2013, Edward Scott Pruitt brought a lawsuit targeting the Affordable Care Act, Oklahoma ex rel.
|FactSnippet No. 601,591 - en.wikipedia.org|
62. Edward Scott Pruitt was successful in raising campaign contributions from the energy industry, helping him to become chairman of the Republican Attorneys General Association.
|FactSnippet No. 601,589 - en.wikipedia.org|
63. Edward Scott Pruitt stated a desire to increase operational efficiency and shifted the attorneys responsible for environmental protection to the Attorney General's Public Protection Unit and the Solicitor General's Unit.
|FactSnippet No. 601,588 - en.wikipedia.org|
65. Edward Scott Pruitt failed to publicly disclose his financial relationships with Whitefield and the others, which were revealed by the press in 2018.
|FactSnippet No. 601,586 - en.wikipedia.org|
67. Edward Scott Pruitt was then selected to serve as the Republican Assistant Floor Leader, a position he held until he left the Senate in 2006.
|FactSnippet No. 601,584 - en.wikipedia.org|
70. Edward Scott Pruitt was born in 1968 in Danville, Kentucky, the eldest of three siblings, but moved to Lexington as a boy.
|FactSnippet No. 601,581 - en.wikipedia.org|
72. In 2012, Edward Scott Pruitt was elected as chairman of the Republican Attorneys General Association and re-elected for a second term in February 2013.
|FactSnippet No. 601,579 - en.wikipedia.org|
75. Edward Scott Pruitt was born on May 9, 1968 and is an American lawyer and Republican politician from the state of Oklahoma.
|FactSnippet No. 601,576 - en.wikipedia.org|