1. Placido Domingo has especially tried to aid the development of young opera singers' careers.
|FactSnippet No. 465,991 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. In 1986, Placido Domingo performed at several benefit concerts to raise funds for the victims of the 1985 Mexico City earthquake.
|FactSnippet No. 465,986 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In 1978, when Placido Domingo was only 37, the city of Madrid dedicated a commemorative plaque at his birthplace at 34 Calle Ibiza near the Buen Retiro Park.
|FactSnippet No. 465,982 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Placido Domingo provided the voice for an animated version of himself in the episode "Homer of Seville", which revolves around Homer Simpson becoming an opera singer.
|FactSnippet No. 465,974 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. In December 1992, Placido Domingo collaborated with fellow operatic tenor and friend Jose Carreras and pop music legend Diana Ross in a televised Christmas-themed concert.
|FactSnippet No. 465,972 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Placido Domingo was heard performing the song "In Pace", during the closing credits of Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet.
|FactSnippet No. 465,969 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. Placido Domingo attempted to quash criticism in East Coast newspapers that he was taking on too much when the singer gave an interview in the Los Angeles Times in which he restated his long-time motto, "When I rest, I rust".
|FactSnippet No. 465,950 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. In March 2011, Placido Domingo cancelled an engagement in Buenos Aires at the Teatro Colon in support of the theatre's musicians, who were on strike.
|FactSnippet No. 465,947 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. On 13 May 2012, Placido Domingo performed during Real Madrid's season-ending celebrations, when the team won their 32nd Spanish league title.
|FactSnippet No. 465,945 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Placido Domingo continued to sing these roles for almost two decades, including at the Bayreuth Festival.
|FactSnippet No. 465,942 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. In September 1975, Placido Domingo debuted in the title role of Verdi's Otello at the Hamburg State Opera.
|FactSnippet No. 465,929 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. Placido Domingo acted in a few small parts while at the theater in plays by Federico Garcia Lorca, Luigi Pirandello, and Anton Chekhov.
|FactSnippet No. 465,921 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. Placido Domingo made his debut in Verdi's Otello at Bellas Artes at age 21 in the summer of 1962 not in the title role for which he has now been internationally famous for decades as one of its greatest interpreters, but in the small comprimario part of Cassio.
|FactSnippet No. 465,920 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. Placido Domingo was born on 21 January 1941 in the Retiro district of Madrid, Spain.
|FactSnippet No. 465,916 - en.wikipedia.org|