1. Senator Richard Lugar is a member the Indiana Society of the Sons of the American Revolution  as well as a member of the Society of Indiana Pioneers, based on his descent from very early settlers in the state.
|FactSnippet No. 836,669|
4. Senator Richard Lugar volunteered for the US Navy in 1957, ultimately serving as an intelligence briefer for Admiral Arleigh Burke, chief of Naval Operations.
|FactSnippet No. 836,666|
6. Senator Richard Lugar is a member of the United Methodist Church.
|FactSnippet No. 836,663 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. Senator Richard Lugar has received numerous awards, including Guardian of Small Business, the Spirit of Enterprise, Watchdog of the Treasury, and 46 honorary doctorate degrees.
|FactSnippet No. 836,649 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Senator Richard Lugar worked to initiate a biofuels research program to help increase US utilization of ethanol and combustion fuels, and led initiatives to streamline the US Department of Agriculture, reform the food stamp program, and preserve the federal school lunch program.
|FactSnippet No. 836,633 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Senator Richard Lugar declared his candidacy on 19 April 1995 in Indianapolis.
|FactSnippet No. 836,632 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. On January 13, 2009, Senator Richard Lugar participated in the confirmation for Secretary of State nominee Hillary Clinton, raising questions on the potential conflict of interest between her husband Bill's charitable activities and her new position.
|FactSnippet No. 836,630 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. On February 12, 1999, Senator Richard Lugar voted in favor of both articles of impeachment against President Clinton, calling his relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky "shameless, reckless and indefensible" and criticized him for creating a negative environment for those around.
|FactSnippet No. 836,628 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Senator Richard Lugar was of the view that the United States wanted full partnership with Europeans that could only arise from "recognition on their side that our men and women in the armed forces are taking risks right now.
|FactSnippet No. 836,626 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. Senator Richard Lugar attended the July 11, 1988 White House meeting on the subject of legislation to provide financial relief to farmers affected by the showers in the Midwestern and Southern United States, Lugar during which indicating the willingness of his party to support the measure.
|FactSnippet No. 836,623 - en.wikipedia.org|
41. In March 1984, Senator Richard Lugar voted in favor of a constitutional amendment authorizing periods in public school for silent prayer, and President Reagan's unsuccessful proposal for a constitutional amendment permitting organized school prayer in public schools.
|FactSnippet No. 836,617 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. On December 2, 1981, Senator Richard Lugar voted in favor of an amendment to President Reagan's MX missiles proposal that would divert the silo system by $334 million as well as earmark further research for other methods that would allow giant missiles to be based.
|FactSnippet No. 836,613 - en.wikipedia.org|
46. Senator Richard Lugar addressed Carter during the ceremony by thanking him for signing what Lugar called "very humane and compassionate legislation" that was important for the US.
|FactSnippet No. 836,611 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. The only two counties that Senator Richard Lugar carried were Boone and Marion.
|FactSnippet No. 836,609 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. Senator Richard Lugar became the first Indiana US senator elected to a fourth term.
|FactSnippet No. 836,605 - en.wikipedia.org|
56. Senator Richard Lugar served on the Indianapolis Board of School Commissioners from 1964 to 1967.
|FactSnippet No. 836,599 - en.wikipedia.org|
57. Senator Richard Lugar manages his family's 604-acre Marion County corn, soybean and tree farm.
|FactSnippet No. 836,598 - en.wikipedia.org|
58. Senator Richard Lugar served in the US Navy from 1956 to 1960; one of his assignments was as an intelligence briefer for Admiral Arleigh Burke.
|FactSnippet No. 836,596 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. Senator Richard Lugar graduated first in his class at Shortridge High School in 1950 and from Denison University in 1954 where he was a member of Beta Theta Pi.
|FactSnippet No. 836,594 - en.wikipedia.org|
61. Senator Richard Lugar is a member of Partnership for a Secure America's bipartisan Advisory Board.
|FactSnippet No. 836,593 - en.wikipedia.org|
66. Senator Richard Lugar is a member of the Republican Party.
|FactSnippet No. 836,588 - en.wikipedia.org|