1. Sir Cliff Richard performed in front of watchers by singing his famous song 'singing in the rain'.
|FactSnippet No. 590,706|
2. On 18 July 2018, Sir Cliff Richard won his High Court case against the BBC and was awarded £210,000 in damages.
|FactSnippet No. 590,701 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. Sir Cliff Richard pulled out of a visit to the US Open tennis championships, turned down the freedom of his adopted Portuguese home city of Albufeira, and cancelled a scheduled appearance at Canterbury Cathedral because he did not want the event to be "overshadowed by the false allegation".
|FactSnippet No. 590,698 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Sir Cliff Richard was involved in a campaign to extend copyright on sound recordings in the UK from 50 to 95 years, and extend the number of years on which a musician can receive royalties.
|FactSnippet No. 590,697 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. Sir Cliff Richard has supported numerous UK charities over many years through the Cliff Richard Charitable Trust, both through donations and by making personal visits to schools, churches, hospitals and homes for special needs children.
|FactSnippet No. 590,696 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Sir Cliff Richard has donated to a leading dementia research charity, Alzheimer's Research UK.
|FactSnippet No. 590,694 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. Sir Cliff Richard has made overseas visits to see their work in Uganda, Bangladesh and Brazil.
|FactSnippet No. 590,693 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Sir Cliff Richard joined public figures such as Malcolm Muggeridge, Mary Whitehouse and Bishop Trevor Huddleston to demonstrate in London "for love and family life, against pornography and moral pollution".
|FactSnippet No. 590,690 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. Sir Cliff Richard said: "I'm officially a non-resident [of the UK], although I will always be British and proud of it.
|FactSnippet No. 590,688 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Sir Cliff Richard finished No 56 in the 2002 100 Greatest Britons list, sponsored by the BBC and voted for by the public.
|FactSnippet No. 590,684 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. In 1997, Sir Cliff Richard said of the rock band Oasis: "It's just a shame that part of what gives them their kick is their self-destructive impulse.
|FactSnippet No. 590,669 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. Sir Cliff Richard spoke about this on The Alan Titchmarsh Show on ITV in December 2007, pointing out that while new bands needed airplay for promotion and sales, long-established artists such as himself relied upon airplay for the same reasons.
|FactSnippet No. 590,663 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. On 30 June 2012, Sir Cliff Richard helped to carry the Olympic torch from Derby to Birmingham as part of the torch relay for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
|FactSnippet No. 590,656 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. On 14 October 2010, Sir Cliff Richard celebrated his 70th birthday and to mark the occasion, he performed a series of six concerts at the Royal Albert Hall, London.
|FactSnippet No. 590,652 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. Sir Cliff Richard performed "Congratulations" at the 70th birthday celebrations of Queen Margrethe II in Denmark on 13 April 2010.
|FactSnippet No. 590,651 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. Sir Cliff Richard went to Nashville, Tennessee for his next album project in 2004, employing a writers' conclave to give him the pick of all new songs for the album Something's Goin' On.
|FactSnippet No. 590,648 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. In 1998, Sir Cliff Richard demonstrated that radio stations were refusing to play his music when he released a dance remix of his forthcoming single "Can't Keep This Feeling In" on a white label using the alias Blacknight.
|FactSnippet No. 590,646 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. On 17 June 1995, Sir Cliff Richard was appointed a Knight Bachelor and became the first rock star to be so honoured (Bob Geldof had received his honorary knighthood nine years earlier).
|FactSnippet No. 590,645 - en.wikipedia.org|
58. In 1986, Sir Cliff Richard reached No 1 by teaming up with The Young Ones to re-record his smash hit "Living Doll" for the charity Comic Relief.
|FactSnippet No. 590,640 - en.wikipedia.org|
59. In 1980, Sir Cliff Richard officially changed his name, by deed poll, from Harry Rodger Webb to Cliff Richard.
|FactSnippet No. 590,639 - en.wikipedia.org|
61. Sir Cliff Richard began 1970 by appearing live on the BBC's review of the sixties music scene, Pop Go The Sixties, which was broadcast across Britain and Europe on 31 December 1969.
|FactSnippet No. 590,633 - en.wikipedia.org|
63. Sir Cliff Richard acted in the 1967 film Two a Penny, released by Billy Graham's World Wide Pictures, in which he played Jamie Hopkins, a young man who gets involved in drug dealing while questioning his life after his girlfriend changes her attitude.
|FactSnippet No. 590,631 - en.wikipedia.org|
68. Sir Cliff Richard has never achieved the same impact in the United States despite eight US Top 40 singles, including the million-selling "Devil Woman" and "We Don't Talk Anymore".
|FactSnippet No. 590,625 - en.wikipedia.org|
70. Sir Cliff Richard holds the record as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its first six decades (1950s–2000s).
|FactSnippet No. 590,623 - en.wikipedia.org|
73. Sir Cliff Richard, was born on Harry Rodger Webb, 14 October 1940 and is a British pop singer, musician, performer, actor and philanthropist.
|FactSnippet No. 590,619 - en.wikipedia.org|