1. In 2011, Walmart added gender identity to their anti-discrimination policy.
|FactSnippet No. 771,197 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. On January 15, 2016, Walmart announced that it would be closing 269 stores globally, including all 102 US Walmart Express stores, including those branded as Neighborhood Markets.
|FactSnippet No. 771,189 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. In 2006, Walmart took steps to expand its US customer base, announcing a modification in its US stores from a "one-size-fits-all" merchandising strategy to one designed to "reflect each of six demographic groups—African-Americans, the affluent, empty-nesters, Hispanics, suburbanites, and rural residents.
|FactSnippet No. 249,753 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. In February 2010, Walmart agreed to buy Vudu, a Silicon Valley start-up whose online movie service is being built into an increasing number of televisions and Blu-ray players.
|FactSnippet No. 249,736 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. In November 2012, Walmart admitted to spending million lobbying the Indian National Congress; lobbying is conventionally considered bribery in India.
|FactSnippet No. 249,730 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. In May 2018, Walmart announced plans to sell Asda to rival Sainsburys for $10.1 billion.
|FactSnippet No. 249,724 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. In 2008, Walmart started a pilot program in the small grocery store concept called Marketside in the metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, area.
|FactSnippet No. 249,718 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. In 2009, Walmart opened "Mas Club", a warehouse retail operation patterned after Sam's Club.
|FactSnippet No. 249,713 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. In 2009, another Supermercado de Walmart opened in Phoenix, Arizona.
|FactSnippet No. 249,712 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. In September 2018, Walmart partnered with comedian and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres to launch a new brand of women's apparel and accessories called EV1.
|FactSnippet No. 249,709 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. On September 29, 2017, Walmart acquired Parcel, a technology-based, same-day and last-mile delivery company in Brooklyn.
|FactSnippet No. 249,706 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. On June 16, 2017, Walmart agreed to acquire the men's apparel company Bonobos for $310 million in an effort to expand its fashion holdings.
|FactSnippet No. 249,705 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. In 2005, Walmart reported billion in sales, more than 6,200 facilities around the world—including 3,800 stores in the United States and 2,800 elsewhere, employing more than 1.6million associates.
|FactSnippet No. 249,691 - en.wikipedia.org|