1. Italy has a strong cooperative sector, with the largest share of the population employed by a cooperative in the EU.
|FactSnippet No. 801,680 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Italy is a country in south Europe and a member of the European Union.
|FactSnippet No. 248,770|
12. Italy is home to some of the most famous structures in the world, including the Colosseum and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
|FactSnippet No. 248,748|
13. Italy has a strategic location, dominating the central Mediterranean region and representing the southern part of Europe facing the ethnic and cultural areas of North Africa and the Arabic-Islamic civilization.
|FactSnippet No. 248,734|
17. Italy is the second-largest producer of crude steel in the European Union after Germany.
|FactSnippet No. 248,702|
19. Italy is a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
|FactSnippet No. 248,655|
26. The Bank of Italy is the central bank, but with EMU now in place, the country's monetary policy is overseen by the European Central Bank.
|FactSnippet No. 248,603|
27. Italy is a highly developed economy, and the financial and banking sector is similar to that of all other Western European countries.
|FactSnippet No. 248,602|
30. Italy has an efficient and modern infrastructure, even though it performs poorly compared to other Western European countries of comparable size.
|FactSnippet No. 248,589|
34. Italy is a founding member of the European Union and, in 1998, of Europe's Economic and Monetary Union (EMU).
|FactSnippet No. 248,575|
37. In 2004, Italy jumped from 12th to 9th most attractive FDI destination in the world, driven primarily by increased confidence among US and Asian investors, according to the FDI Confidence Index.
|FactSnippet No. 248,559|
42. Italy is one of the most overlegislated countries on Earth.
|FactSnippet No. 248,526|
44. Italy is known for its fast and furious car makers such as Ferrari and Lamborghini.
|FactSnippet No. 248,512|
45. Italy has 50 Unesco World Heritage Sites, the most of any country in the world.
|FactSnippet No. 248,496|
49. Italy is subdivided in 20 regions, like Tuscany, Veneto and Lazio (around Rome).
|FactSnippet No. 248,472|
51. Italy is "on the right path" toward crafting a solid budget, Moscovici said Friday.
|FactSnippet No. 248,468|
52. Italy is the most awarded country at the Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film, with 14 awards won, 3 Special Awards and 31 nominations.
|FactSnippet No. 248,460 - en.wikipedia.org|
53. Italy has more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than any other country in the world, and has rich collections of art, culture and literature from many periods.
|FactSnippet No. 248,455 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. Italy has for centuries welcomed Jews expelled from other countries, notably Spain.
|FactSnippet No. 248,450 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. Italy is well known for its cultural and environmental tourist routes and is home to 54 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the most in the world.
|FactSnippet No. 248,449 - en.wikipedia.org|
57. Italy is a recurrent non-permanent member of the UN Security Council, the most recently in 2017.
|FactSnippet No. 248,438 - en.wikipedia.org|
59. In 1957, Italy was a founding member of the European Economic Community, which became the European Union (EU) in 1993.
|FactSnippet No. 248,428 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. In 1939, Italy annexed Albania, a de facto protectorate for decades.
|FactSnippet No. 248,426 - en.wikipedia.org|
61. In particular, Southern Italy was impoverished and cut off from the mainstream of events in Europe.
|FactSnippet No. 248,423 - en.wikipedia.org|