1. In February 2017, President George W Bush released a book of portraits of veterans, Portraits of Courage.
|FactSnippet No. 342,338 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. At the Ground Zero memorial, President George W Bush read a letter that President Abraham Lincoln wrote to a widow who lost five sons during the Civil War.
|FactSnippet No. 342,336 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. President George W Bush added that people had said during his presidency that he should withdraw American troops from Iraq, but he chose the opposite, sending 30,000 more troops in order to defeat Al Qaeda in Iraq, and that Al Qaeda in Iraq was defeated.
|FactSnippet No. 342,334 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. President George W Bush released his memoirs, Decision Points, on November 9, 2010.
|FactSnippet No. 342,329 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. President George W Bush has voiced his support for the independence of Kosovo.
|FactSnippet No. 342,321 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. From 2003 to 2004, President George W Bush authorized US military intervention in Haiti and Liberia to protect US interests.
|FactSnippet No. 342,319 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. President George W Bush said that "the United States of America will not permit the world's most dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world's most destructive weapons.
|FactSnippet No. 342,316 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. On May 1, 2007, President George W Bush used his second-ever veto to reject a bill setting a deadline for the withdrawal of US troops, saying the debate over the conflict was "understandable" but insisting that a continued US presence there was crucial.
|FactSnippet No. 342,310 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. President George W Bush urged Congress to provide additional funds for border security and committed to deploying 6,000 National Guard troops to the Mexico–United States border.
|FactSnippet No. 342,298 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. President George W Bush said, "This means that the only thing standing between the American people and these vast oil reserves is action from the US Congress.
|FactSnippet No. 342,295 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. President George W Bush made it the centerpiece of his domestic agenda despite opposition from some in the US Congress.
|FactSnippet No. 342,293 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. President George W Bush entered office with the Dow Jones Industrial Average at 10,587, and the average peaked in October 2007 at over 14,000.
|FactSnippet No. 342,289 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. President George W Bush was the first person to win an American presidential election with fewer popular votes than another candidate since Benjamin Harrison in 1888.
|FactSnippet No. 342,285 - en.wikipedia.org|
47. President George W Bush portrayed himself as a compassionate conservative, implying he was more centrist than other Republicans.
|FactSnippet No. 342,281 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. President George W Bush became the first governor in Texas history to be elected to two consecutive four-year terms.
|FactSnippet No. 342,278 - en.wikipedia.org|
51. In 1999, President George W Bush signed a law that required electric retailers to buy a certain amount of energy from renewable sources, which helped Texas eventually become the leading producer of wind powered electricity in the US.
|FactSnippet No. 342,277 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. President George W Bush used a budget surplus to push through Texas's largest tax-cut, $2 billion.
|FactSnippet No. 342,276 - en.wikipedia.org|
53. President George W Bush declared his candidacy for the 1994 Texas gubernatorial election at the same time that his brother Jeb sought the governorship of Florida.
|FactSnippet No. 342,274 - en.wikipedia.org|
56. President George W Bush was honorably discharged from the Air Force Reserve on November 21, 1974.
|FactSnippet No. 342,271 - en.wikipedia.org|
57. Since leaving the White House, President George W Bush has taken up oil painting.
|FactSnippet No. 342,268 - en.wikipedia.org|
63. President George W Bush attended Yale University from 1964 to 1968, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history.
|FactSnippet No. 342,258 - en.wikipedia.org|
64. President George W Bush attended public schools in Midland, Texas, until the family moved to Houston after he had completed seventh grade.
|FactSnippet No. 342,257 - en.wikipedia.org|
66. President George W Bush responded with what became known as the President George W Bush Doctrine: launching a "War on Terror", an international military campaign that included the war in Afghanistan in 2001 and the Iraq War in 2003.
|FactSnippet No. 342,253 - en.wikipedia.org|
68. President George W Bush married Laura Welch in 1977 and unsuccessfully ran for the US House of Representatives shortly thereafter.
|FactSnippet No. 342,251 - en.wikipedia.org|