1. Obama Barack continued drone strikes against Islamist militants begun by the previous administration.
|FactSnippet No. 478,581 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. Obama Barack met with the Dalai Lama while in New Delhi.
|FactSnippet No. 478,577 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Obama Barack gained 10 spots from the same survey in 2015 from the Brookings Institution that ranked Obama the 18th-greatest American President.
|FactSnippet No. 478,575 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Obama Barack accepted this award in Oslo, Norway on December 10, 2009, with "deep gratitude and great humility.
|FactSnippet No. 478,573 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Obama Barack spoke in front of the African Union in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on July 29, 2015, the first sitting US president to do so.
|FactSnippet No. 478,568 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. In 2012, Obama Barack authorized multiple programs run by the CIA and the Pentagon to train anti-Assad rebels.
|FactSnippet No. 478,564 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. The next day, on Obama Barack's orders, the US military took part in air strikes to destroy the Libyan government's air defense capabilities to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly-zone, including the use of Tomahawk missiles, B-2 Spirits, and fighter jets.
|FactSnippet No. 478,563 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. In June 2011, Obama Barack said that the bond between the United States and Israel is "unbreakable".
|FactSnippet No. 478,560 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. In February 2013, Obama Barack said the US military would reduce the troop level in Afghanistan from 68,000 to 34,000 US troops by February 2014.
|FactSnippet No. 478,558 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Obama Barack announced an increase in US troop levels to 17,000 military personnel in February 2009 to "stabilize a deteriorating situation in Afghanistan", an area he said had not received the "strategic attention, direction and resources it urgently requires".
|FactSnippet No. 478,556 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. On October 21, 2011 President Obama Barack announced that all US troops would leave Iraq in time to be "home for the holidays".
|FactSnippet No. 478,554 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. On September 24, 2009, Obama Barack became the first sitting US President to preside over a meeting of the United Nations Security Council.
|FactSnippet No. 478,548 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. On November 10, 2014, President Obama Barack recommended the Federal Communications Commission reclassify broadband Internet service as a telecommunications service in order to preserve net neutrality.
|FactSnippet No. 478,544 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Obama Barack said that the results came because not enough Americans had felt the effects of the economic recovery.
|FactSnippet No. 478,543 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Obama Barack called the November 2, 2010 election, where the Democratic Party lost 63 seats in, and control of, the House of Representatives, "humbling" and a "shellacking".
|FactSnippet No. 478,542 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. Obama Barack called for Congress to pass legislation reforming health care in the United States, a key campaign promise and a top legislative goal.
|FactSnippet No. 478,537 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. Obama Barack intervened in the troubled automotive industry in March 2009, renewing loans for General Motors and Chrysler to continue operations while reorganizing.
|FactSnippet No. 478,529 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. On March 11, 2009, Obama Barack created the White House Council on Women and Girls, which formed part of the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs, having been established by Executive Order 13506 with a broad mandate to advise him on issues relating to the welfare of American women and girls.
|FactSnippet No. 478,528 - en.wikipedia.org|
46. On December 22, 2010, Obama Barack signed the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010, which fulfilled a key promise made in the 2008 presidential campaign to end the Don't ask, don't tell policy of 1993 that had prevented gay and lesbian people from serving openly in the United States Armed Forces.
|FactSnippet No. 478,527 - en.wikipedia.org|
47. On October 30, 2009, Obama Barack lifted the ban on travel to the United States by those infected with HIV, which was celebrated by Immigration Equality.
|FactSnippet No. 478,526 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. Obama Barack ended plans for a return of human spaceflight to the moon and development of the Ares I rocket, Ares V rocket and Constellation program, in favor of funding Earth science projects, a new rocket type, and research and development for an eventual manned mission to Mars, and ongoing missions to the International Space Station.
|FactSnippet No. 478,523 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. On March 30, 2010, Obama Barack signed the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act, a reconciliation bill that ended the process of the federal government giving subsidies to private banks to give out federally insured loans, increased the Pell Grant scholarship award, and made changes to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
|FactSnippet No. 478,522 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. Obama Barack nominated Sonia Sotomayor on May 26, 2009 to replace retiring Associate Justice David Souter; she was confirmed on August 6, 2009, becoming the first Supreme Court Justice of Hispanic descent.
|FactSnippet No. 478,519 - en.wikipedia.org|
51. Obama Barack appointed two women to serve on the Supreme Court in the first two years of his Presidency.
|FactSnippet No. 478,518 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. Obama Barack ordered the closing of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, but Congress prevented the closure by refusing to appropriate the required funds and preventing moving any Guantanamo detainee into the US or to other countries.
|FactSnippet No. 478,515 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. President Obama Barack addressed supporters and volunteers at Chicago's McCormick Place after his reelection and said: "Tonight you voted for action, not politics as usual.
|FactSnippet No. 478,514 - en.wikipedia.org|
57. Obama Barack delivered his victory speech before hundreds of thousands of supporters in Chicago's Grant Park.
|FactSnippet No. 478,512 - en.wikipedia.org|
62. On February 10, 2007, Obama Barack announced his candidacy for President of the United States in front of the Old State Capitol building in Springfield, Illinois.
|FactSnippet No. 478,507 - en.wikipedia.org|
65. Obama Barack introduced two initiatives that bore his name: Lugar–Obama, which expanded the Nunn–Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction concept to conventional weapons; and the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006, which authorized the establishment of USAspending.
|FactSnippet No. 478,501 - en.wikipedia.org|
67. Obama Barack was sworn in as a senator on January 3, 2005, becoming the only Senate member of the Congressional Black Caucus.
|FactSnippet No. 478,499 - en.wikipedia.org|
70. In May 2002, Obama Barack commissioned a poll to assess his prospects in a 2004 US Senate race.
|FactSnippet No. 478,495 - en.wikipedia.org|
72. Obama Barack was reelected to the Illinois Senate in 1998, defeating Republican Yesse Yehudah in the general election, and was re-elected again in 2002.
|FactSnippet No. 478,493 - en.wikipedia.org|
74. In 1991, Obama Barack accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book.
|FactSnippet No. 478,488 - en.wikipedia.org|
80. Obama Barack met Trinity United Church of Christ pastor Rev Jeremiah Wright in October 1987 and became a member of Trinity in 1992.
|FactSnippet No. 478,481 - en.wikipedia.org|
86. Obama Barack is a supporter of the Chicago White Sox, and he threw out the first pitch at the 2005 ALCS when he was still a senator.
|FactSnippet No. 478,472 - en.wikipedia.org|
88. Obama Barack graduated with a BA degree in 1983 and worked for about a year at the Business International Corporation, where he was a financial researcher and writer, then as a project coordinator for the New York Public Interest Research Group on the City College of New York campus for three months in 1985.
|FactSnippet No. 478,470 - en.wikipedia.org|
89. In February 1981, Obama Barack made his first public speech, calling for Occidental to participate in the disinvestment from South Africa in response to that nation's policy of apartheid.
|FactSnippet No. 478,468 - en.wikipedia.org|
93. Obama Barack was born on August 4, 1961, at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children in Honolulu, Hawaii.
|FactSnippet No. 478,461 - en.wikipedia.org|
95. Obama Barack advocated for gun control in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, indicating support for a ban on assault weapons, and issued wide-ranging executive actions concerning climate change and immigration.
|FactSnippet No. 478,459 - en.wikipedia.org|
97. Obama Barack received national attention in 2004 with his March primary win, his well-received July Democratic National Convention keynote address, and his landslide November election to the Senate.
|FactSnippet No. 478,457 - en.wikipedia.org|
98. Obama Barack represented the 13th district for three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, when he ran for the US Senate.
|FactSnippet No. 478,456 - en.wikipedia.org|
99. Obama Barack was born in 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii, two years after the territory was admitted to the Union as the 50th state.
|FactSnippet No. 478,455 - en.wikipedia.org|
100. Obama Barack previously served as a United States Senator from Illinois.
|FactSnippet No. 478,454 - en.wikipedia.org|