1. In Thailand, the title "Governor" refers to the administrator of each Thai province, who is appointed by the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
5 Facts About Governor
2. The Governor is usually placed second in the provincial power hierarchy, below the Secretary of the provincial Communist Party of China committee (省委书记), who serves as the highest ranking Party official in the province.
3. The Governor is elected by a direct vote from the people and had a fixed term of four years.
4. Principally, the Governor has the tasks and the authorities to lead governmental services in the province, based upon the policies that have been made together with the Provincial Parliament.
5. In India, each state has a ceremonial Governor appointed by the President of India.