|FactSnippet No. 741,026 - Composers|
1001 Facts About Composers
2. Jean-Baptiste Lully is often credited with introducing new instruments into the orchestra, but this legend needs closer scrutiny.
|FactSnippet No. 390,208 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
3. Tom Waits contributed a cover of Skip Spence's "Books of Moses" to More Oar: A Tribute to the Skip Spence Album, a collection of covers of the singer's songs on Birdman Records.
|FactSnippet No. 481,394 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
4. Jean-Baptiste Lully refused to have his leg amputated so he could still dance.
|FactSnippet No. 390,204 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Paul McCartney is one of the most successful musicians and composers in the history of pop music.
|FactSnippet No. 770,907 - Composers|
8. Yoko Ono's received a Golden Lion Award for lifetime achievement from the Venice Biennale in 2009.
|FactSnippet No. 737,589 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
9. Sir Elton John placed other hits throughout the 1980s, including "Nikita", whose music video was directed by Ken Russell.
|FactSnippet No. 789,824 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Charles Mingus recorded more than 100 albums over the course of his career.
|FactSnippet No. 658,154 - Composers|
11. At the time Sebastian Bach wrote them, he was the Kapellmeister in the small town of Cothen and, since the Margrave of Brandenburg ignored his gift, Bach presided over the first performances in Cothen.
|FactSnippet No. 910,310 - Composers|
12. Chrono Trigger was produced by Kazuhiko Aoki while director credits were attributed to Akihiko Matsui, Yoshinori Kitase and Takashi Tokita.
|FactSnippet No. 856,119 - Composers|
15. Richard Strauss died at the age of 85 on 8 September 1949.
|FactSnippet No. 759,945 - Composers|
16. George Frideric Handel died in 1759 at the age of 74.
|FactSnippet No. 914,339 - Composers|
17. Ravi Shankar is famous for playing the sitar, an Indian stringed instrument.
|FactSnippet No. 196,518 - Composers|
19. In 2011, Tom Waits was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
|FactSnippet No. 481,344 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
20. John Williams won a Classic Brit Award in 2005 for his soundtrack work of the previous year.
|FactSnippet No. 375,587 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
23. Claude Debussy opined that Chopin was "the greatest of them all, for through the piano he discovered everything"; he professed his "respectful gratitude" for Chopin's piano music.
|FactSnippet No. 689,870 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
25. On 24 January 2018, it was announced that Elton John would be retiring from touring and would soon embark on a three-year farewell tour.
|FactSnippet No. 209,621 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Steve Allen wrote the music, and was one of three credited lyricists.
|FactSnippet No. 404,517 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
29. In 1981, Tom Waits provided a voice-over for a television advert for Butcher's Blend dog food.
|FactSnippet No. 481,373 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
33. John Williams composed the score for eight of the top twenty highest-grossing films at the US box office.
|FactSnippet No. 375,554 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
34. George Frideric Handel had by this time made oratorio and large-scale choral works the most popular musical forms in England.
|FactSnippet No. 678,955 - Composers|
36. Paul McCartney wanted to do it in the Coliseum in Rome.
|FactSnippet No. 59,517 - Composers|
37. Johann Sebastian Bach wrote 295 church cantatas during the first six years of his Leipzig cantorate, of which some 200 are extant.
|FactSnippet No. 669,060 - Composers|
38. Sir Elton John performed "Believe" at the 1995 Brit Awards, and picked up the prize for Outstanding Contribution to Music.
|FactSnippet No. 789,826 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Paul McCartney continued experimenting with various musical and vocal styles throughout his post-Beatles career.
|FactSnippet No. 770,882 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
41. Paul McCartney was in the midst of business disagreements with his bandmates when he announced his departure from the group on 10 April 1970.
|FactSnippet No. 770,865 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
42. In 2015, a video of Andrew Lloyd Webber swimming with his feline, Fez, went viral.
|FactSnippet No. 545,649 - Composers|
43. Sir Paul McCartney had a day off so he drove to meet up with Grohl.
|FactSnippet No. 840,999 - Composers|
45. Charles Mingus began playing professionally with jazz outfits in Los Angeles and San Francisco while still in high school.
|FactSnippet No. 658,174 - Composers|
47. Sebastian Bach began dating Maria Aquinar in the mid 1980s and the couple had a son, Paris, in 1988.
|FactSnippet No. 668,900 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
49. Quincy Jones was a philanthropist, in 1985 gathering multiple stars to participate in the song We Are The World to help raise money to help the victims of the Ethopian disaster.
|FactSnippet No. 168,666 - Composers|
50. Sir Elton John described the occasion as "one of the greatest days of my life".
|FactSnippet No. 789,859 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
51. Erik Satie impressed his teachers with his fine tone, weak sight-reading, and general laziness.
|FactSnippet No. 688,296 - Composers|
53. Elton John returned in a blue kimono playing "Your Song", solo before the band came up and joined in.
|FactSnippet No. 785,124 - Composers|
55. Elton John played his first ever concerts in the US just a few months prior, at a sold-out six-night residency at Los Angeles' Troubador club.
|FactSnippet No. 209,638 - Composers|
56. European Russia is second only to Brazil in volume of the total renewable water resources.
|FactSnippet No. 741,052 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
57. Paul McCartney is one the richest entertainers in the world with a stunning net worth of $1.2 billion.
|FactSnippet No. 770,904 - Composers|
58. Sir Elton John has had some of the most celebrated spats in the music industry.
|FactSnippet No. 789,889 - Composers|
59. In 2002, Yoko Ono joined The B-52's in New York for their 25th anniversary concerts; she came out for the encore and performed "Rock Lobster" with the band.
|FactSnippet No. 737,602 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
60. On June 29, 2012, Yoko Ono received a lifetime achievement award at the Dublin Biennial.
|FactSnippet No. 737,615 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
68. Ravi Shankar performed in Moscow in 1988, and had first been there to play in 1954.
|FactSnippet No. 842,808 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
69. In 2001, Quincy Jones became an honorary member of the board of directors of the Jazz Foundation of America.
|FactSnippet No. 168,515 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
70. Tom Waits began frequenting folk music venues around San Diego, becoming drawn into the city's folk music scene.
|FactSnippet No. 481,353 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
71. Ravi Shankar was born on 7 April 1920 in Benares, then the capital of the eponymous princely state, in a Bengali family, as the youngest of seven brothers.
|FactSnippet No. 196,398 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
76. Ira Gershwin contributed to the Schuyler Greene and Louis Silvers score of "Fascination", from the picture of the same name.
|FactSnippet No. 730,281 - Composers|
77. Leonard Bernstein was born in 1918 and died in 1990.
|FactSnippet No. 60,097 - Composers|
79. Andrew Lloyd Webber put on "productions" with Julian and his Aunt Viola in his toy theatre.
|FactSnippet No. 526,385 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
80. Charles Mingus was largely raised in the Watts area of Los Angeles.
|FactSnippet No. 658,120 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
84. Stephen Sondheim had participated in three straight hits, but his next show—1964's Anyone Can Whistle—was a nine-performance failure.
|FactSnippet No. 474,069 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
86. At the time Johann Sebastian Bach wrote them, he was the Kapellmeister in the small town of Cothen and, since the Margrave of Brandenburg ignored his gift, Bach presided over the first performances in Cothen.
|FactSnippet No. 910,317 - Composers|
88. Andrew Lloyd Webber has composed 20 musicals, a set of variations, two film scores, a song cycle and a requiem mass.
|FactSnippet No. 19,310 - Composers|
90. On July 4, 1946, Leonard Bernstein conducted the European premiere of Fancy Free with the Ballet Theatre at the Royal Opera House in London.
|FactSnippet No. 51,256 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
91. In 1990, Leonard Bernstein received the Praemium Imperiale, an international prize awarded by the Japan Arts Association for lifetime achievement in the arts.
|FactSnippet No. 51,291 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
92. In February 1894 Claude Debussy completed the first draft of Act I of his operatic version of Pelleas et Melisande, and worked to complete the work for most of the year.
|FactSnippet No. 689,858 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
93. Stephen Sondheim said about Babbitt, "I am his maverick, his one student who went into the popular arts with all his serious artillery".
|FactSnippet No. 474,057 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
95. Elton John used Paul Buckmaster to arrange the music on his studio albums during the 1970s.
|FactSnippet No. 768,651 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
96. Sebastian Bach usually led performances of his cantatas, most of which were composed within three years of his relocation to Leipzig.
|FactSnippet No. 668,945 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
97. George Balanchine was interested in working with Kirstein, but insisted "first, a school", to which Kirstein agreed.
|FactSnippet No. 871,758 - Composers|
99. Chrono Trigger used a 32-megabit ROM cartridge with battery-backed RAM for saved games, lacking special on-cartridge coprocessors.
|FactSnippet No. 856,104 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
101. Ira Gershwin contributed to the Schuyler Greene and Louis Silvers score of "Fascination", from the picture of the same name.
|FactSnippet No. 723,408 - Composers|
103. Paul McCartney remains there as of 2012's Kisses on the Bottom.
|FactSnippet No. 770,889 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
105. Mary Lou Williams is one of the most well-known and interesting of these converts.
|FactSnippet No. 58,317 - Composers|
106. John Williams worked with director Richard Donner to score the 1978 film Superman.
|FactSnippet No. 375,565 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
107. Around the end of the 19th century, Richard Strauss turned his attention to opera.
|FactSnippet No. 759,922 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
108. Elton John had only performed the first two songs of his Tuesday night "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" retirement tour concert in San Diego when he turned to the audience and apologized.
|FactSnippet No. 801,818 - Composers|
109. Sebastian Bach was required to teach Latin, but he was allowed to employ four "prefects" to do this instead.
|FactSnippet No. 668,944 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
110. Around this same time George Frideric Handel made the acquaintance of Telemann.
|FactSnippet No. 678,905 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
111. Johann Sebastian Bach was a German composer and musician of the Baroque period who is known to have written at least 1,000 compositions over his lifetime.
|FactSnippet No. 910,948 - Composers|
112. Lou Williams makes last-second shot to help Clippers defeat the Bucks in overtime.
|FactSnippet No. 76,521 - Composers|
113. Johann Sebastian Bach had much time to practice on his favorite instrument and to develop his creative talent.
|FactSnippet No. 669,040 - Composers|
114. In 1974 Quincy Jones had a pair of brain aneurysms, and the prognosis was pretty grim.
|FactSnippet No. 168,531 - Composers|
115. George Frideric Handel gave up the opera business, while he enjoyed more success with his English oratorios.
|FactSnippet No. 678,920 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
116. Erik Satie moved from his father's residence to lodgings in Montmartre in 1887, when he became 21.
|FactSnippet No. 688,265 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
118. In 1969, the Plastic Yoko Ono Band's first album, Live Peace in Toronto 1969, was recorded during the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival festival.
|FactSnippet No. 737,565 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
119. Sebastian Bach devoted more attention than his contemporaries to the structure of compositions.
|FactSnippet No. 668,951 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
123. Ravi Shankar was one of the first to bring aspects of traditional Indian music into Europe and American culture in the 1960s.
|FactSnippet No. 196,517 - Composers|
124. Yoko Ono has had some recognition for her artistic actions, including two well deserved Grammy Awards for her work as an artist and producer and as a video producer.
|FactSnippet No. 737,638 - Composers|
126. Tom Waits thought that Waits was, along with the painter Edward Hopper, "one of the two great depicters of American isolation".
|FactSnippet No. 481,425 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
127. One of the most elaborate tributes to Charles Mingus came on September 29, 1969, at a festival honoring him.
|FactSnippet No. 658,149 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
128. John Williams had originally briefly attended Los Angeles City College for one semester as the school had a Studio Jazz Band.
|FactSnippet No. 375,555 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
129. Quincy Jones spent a large portion of the 1950s in Europe, where he organized a jazz musical theater play in 1959.
|FactSnippet No. 168,556 - Composers|
130. Johann Sebastian Bach requested a vacation in Arnstadt, where he got his first job.
|FactSnippet No. 668,916 - Composers|
131. Elton John formed his own label named The Rocket Record Company and signed acts to it—notably Neil Sedaka (John sang background vocals on Sedaka's "Bad Blood") and Kiki Dee, in whom he took a personal interest.
|FactSnippet No. 813,204 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
132. Johann Sebastian Bach obliged, then promised to write a more substantial and effective composition when he returned home.
|FactSnippet No. 669,067 - Composers|
134. Johann Sebastian Bach composed music for the principal Lutheran churches of the city, and for its university's student ensemble Collegium Musicum.
|FactSnippet No. 668,962 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
135. Elton John was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight on March 25, 1947, in the town of Pinner in Middlesex, England.
|FactSnippet No. 209,704 - Composers|
136. In 1993 Quincy Jones announced that he was starting a magazine called Vibe.
|FactSnippet No. 168,650 - Composers|
137. Elton John is known for many hit songs such as "Your Song" and "Rocket Man" but he is definitely not the first person that people will think of when they hear about Christmas ads.
|FactSnippet No. 209,656 - Composers|
139. Lou Williams left Pittsburgh's Westinghouse High School in 1926 at the age of 16 and joined the Seymour and Jeanette Show, another popular black vaudeville act.
|FactSnippet No. 845,917 - Composers|
140. Elton John is one of the music ideals of the 20th century.
|FactSnippet No. 209,740 - Composers|
141. Yoko Ono's acted in an obscure exploitation film in 1965, Satan's Bed.
|FactSnippet No. 737,585 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
143. In June 2001 Sir Elton John sold 20 of his cars at Christie's, saying he did not get the chance to drive them because he was out of the country so often.
|FactSnippet No. 969,456 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
145. Paul McCartney told Mojo magazine in 2002 that Lennon was his greatest hero.
|FactSnippet No. 770,899 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
146. Ravi Shankar gave up his dancing career in 1938 to go to Maihar and study Indian classical music as Khan's pupil, living with his family in the traditional gurukul system.
|FactSnippet No. 196,405 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
147. Tom Waits collaborated with photographer Sylvia Plachy in the same year; her book Sylvia Plachy's Unguided Tour includes a short Waits record to accompany the photographs and text.
|FactSnippet No. 481,386 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
148. Jean-Baptiste Lully disavowed any Italian influence in French music of the period.
|FactSnippet No. 639,838 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
149. Elton John was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 1994.
|FactSnippet No. 768,657 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
150. On February 26, 2016, Yoko Ono was hospitalized after suffering what was rumored to be a possible stroke.
|FactSnippet No. 737,618 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
152. Andrew Lloyd Webber sold the building eventually, for an undoubtedly hefty sum.
|FactSnippet No. 545,671 - Composers|
153. Sebastian Bach was born in 1685 in Eisenach, in the duchy of Saxe-Eisenach, into a great musical family.
|FactSnippet No. 668,933 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
154. Elton John is known as a recipient of five Brit Awards and five Grammy Awards.
|FactSnippet No. 209,722 - Composers|
155. Ravi Shankar toured and taught for the remainder of the 1970s and the 1980s and released his second concerto, Raga Mala, conducted by Zubin Mehta, in 1981.
|FactSnippet No. 196,418 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
156. Elton John became famous for his oversize glasses and outrageous outfits.
|FactSnippet No. 209,706 - Composers|
157. Elton John is currently on his farewell tour, "Farewell Yellow Brick Road", across the world.
|FactSnippet No. 209,636 - Composers|
159. Ira Gershwin contributed to the Schuyler Greene and Louis Silvers score of "Fascination", from the picture of the same name.
|FactSnippet No. 719,022 - Composers|
160. At the age of 18, Yoko Ono moved with her parents to Scarsdale, New York.
|FactSnippet No. 737,627 - Composers|
161. Yoko Ono dipped her feet into many different artistic disciplines including, famously, performance art.
|FactSnippet No. 737,637 - Composers|
162. Elton John has had some of the most celebrated spats in the music industry.
|FactSnippet No. 768,681 - Composers|
163. In 1965, Quincy Jones became the first African American composer of a motion picture soundtrack upon the release of Sidney Lumet's The Pawn Broker.
|FactSnippet No. 168,600 - Composers|
164. Johann Sebastian Bach devoted more attention than his contemporaries to the structure of compositions.
|FactSnippet No. 668,996 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
165. Ira Gershwin helped to establish and promote these uniquely American contributions to the world's musical heritage.
|FactSnippet No. 950,811 - Composers|
166. George Frideric Handel owned an art collection that was auctioned posthumously in 1760.
|FactSnippet No. 678,928 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
167. Ravi Shankar lived in Varanasi until the age of 10, when he accompanied his older brother, Uday, to Paris.
|FactSnippet No. 196,474 - Composers|
168. In 2016 Tom Waits embarked upon litigation against French artist Bartabas who had used several of Waits' songs as a backdrop to a theatrical performance that in many ways paid homage to Waits' work.
|FactSnippet No. 481,412 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
169. In 1945, Lou Williams composed the Zodiac Suite, a 12-movement work based on an astrological theme.
|FactSnippet No. 845,924 - Composers|
171. On 31 October 1956, when Paul McCartney was 14, his mother died of an embolism.
|FactSnippet No. 770,857 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
172. Quincy Jones won three Grammy Awards for his work on that particular project.
|FactSnippet No. 168,605 - Composers|
175. In 1985, Quincy Jones used his influence and invited most of the American major record artists to record the song.
|FactSnippet No. 168,617 - Composers|
176. Erik Satie was an eccentric but important French composer.
|FactSnippet No. 688,291 - Composers|
181. Charles Mingus selected the members of his bands by checking their skills and abilities.
|FactSnippet No. 658,150 - Composers|
183. Lou Williams accepted a regular gig at the Cafe Society Downtown, started a weekly radio show called "Mary Lou Williams's Piano Workshop" on WNEW, and began mentoring and collaborating with many younger bebop musicians, most notably Dizzy Gillespie and Thelonious Monk.
|FactSnippet No. 845,933 - Composers|
184. In 1994, a demo cartridge of Chrono Trigger was issued to certain Japanese gaming magazines and stores.
|FactSnippet No. 856,131 - Composers|
186. Ravi Shankar was so offended that he considered leaving Maihar but Baba convinced him to stay back.
|FactSnippet No. 196,439 - Composers|
187. Chrono Trigger is one of the best, most important games of our generation.
|FactSnippet No. 856,112 - Composers|
189. Erik Satie used ways of composing such as very chromatic music and Minimalism before many other people.
|FactSnippet No. 688,300 - Composers|
190. Johann Sebastian Bach usually led performances of his cantatas, most of which were composed within three years of his relocation to Leipzig.
|FactSnippet No. 668,985 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
191. In 1960, Stephen Sondheim lost his mentor and father figure, Oscar Hammerstein.
|FactSnippet No. 474,068 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
192. Steve Allen appeared in a PSA advocating for New Eyes for the Needy in the 1990s.
|FactSnippet No. 404,529 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
193. Yoko Ono wrote a musical, New York Rock, which was produced Off-Broadway in 1994.
|FactSnippet No. 737,647 - Composers|
194. Richard Strauss wrote two early symphonies: Symphony No 1 and Symphony No 2 (1884).
|FactSnippet No. 759,920 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
195. Johann Sebastian Bach composed concertos, for instance for violin and for harpsichord, and suites, as chamber music as well as for orchestra.
|FactSnippet No. 668,966 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
196. Elton John has the record sales of 300 million during his fifty years of career.
|FactSnippet No. 209,719 - Composers|
197. Ravi Shankar founded the Indian National Orchestra at AIR and composed for it; in his compositions he combined Western and classical Indian instrumentation.
|FactSnippet No. 196,408 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
198. Ira Gershwin was a retiring person by nature and shunned the limelight.
|FactSnippet No. 717,481 - Composers|
201. Tom Waits began networking in the city's arts scene, and at a party Jean-Michel Basquiat held for Lurie he met the filmmaker Jim Jarmusch.
|FactSnippet No. 481,378 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
203. Johann Sebastian Bach had already accepted money for the moving expenses and an advance in salary.
|FactSnippet No. 669,049 - Composers|
205. Lou Williams accepted a job at the Cafe Society Downtown, started a weekly radio show called Mary Lou Williams's Piano Workshop on WNEW and began mentoring and collaborating with younger bebop musicians such as Dizzy Gillespie and Thelonious Monk.
|FactSnippet No. 845,949 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
208. Elton John started playing his grandmother's piano as a young boy and within a year, his mother heard him picking out Winifred Atwell's "The Skater's Waltz" by ear.
|FactSnippet No. 209,586 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
210. Claude Debussy attended two concerts of Rimsky-Korsakov's music, conducted by the composer.
|FactSnippet No. 689,855 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
214. New York Philharmonic had conducted the Sunday afternoon radio broadcast when CBS listeners around the country heard the announcer break in on Arthur Rubinstein's performance of Brahms's Second Piano Concerto to update them about the attack on Pearl Harbor.
|FactSnippet No. 353,574 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
215. Sebastian Bach was the youngest child of Johann Ambrosius Bach and Elisabeth Lammerhirt.
|FactSnippet No. 668,922 - Composers|
216. In December 1989, Leonard Bernstein conducted live performances and recorded in the studio his operetta Candide with the London Symphony Orchestra.
|FactSnippet No. 51,286 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
218. Ravi Shankar moved to Mumbai and joined the Indian People's Theatre Association, for whom he composed music for ballets in 1945 and 1946.
|FactSnippet No. 842,801 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
219. Paul McCartney was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 as a member of the Beatles and again as a solo artist in 1999.
|FactSnippet No. 39,753 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
220. In 1959 Charles Mingus brought together several large ensembles in the recording studio.
|FactSnippet No. 658,165 - Composers|
221. Sir Elton John used Paul Buckmaster to arrange the music on his studio albums during the 1970s.
|FactSnippet No. 789,851 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
222. At this time Claude Debussy lived a life of extreme indulgence.
|FactSnippet No. 689,889 - Composers|
223. Quincy Jones turned his attention to other matters in 1986, when a devastating famine in east Africa became the subject of global concern.
|FactSnippet No. 168,607 - Composers|
224. Sebastian Bach came from a concert for the prince in Eisenach, and he wore his costume.
|FactSnippet No. 668,920 - Composers|
227. Quincy Jones served as music director for Harold Arlen's blues opera Free and Easy on its European tour.
|FactSnippet No. 168,584 - Composers|
230. Lou Williams led all Clippers with 26 points across his 24 minutes on the court Thursday.
|FactSnippet No. 14,333 - Composers|
232. Johann Sebastian Bach was the eighth and youngest child of Johann Ambrosius, who likely taught him violin and basic music theory.
|FactSnippet No. 668,969 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
233. Paul McCartney seems to use him as a stand-in for increasingly irrelevant forces of authority.
|FactSnippet No. 840,988 - Composers|
234. Steve Allen narrated The Unreal Story of Professional Wrestling, a documentary of professional wrestling from its origins to 1998.
|FactSnippet No. 404,530 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
236. George Frideric Handel was such a popular opera composer that he was allowed to pick his own leading ladies.
|FactSnippet No. 678,939 - Composers|
237. Yoko Ono's credited McCartney with helping save her marriage to John.
|FactSnippet No. 737,621 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
238. In December, Sebastian Bach began dating model Minnie Gupta and the two were engaged in April 2012 but ended things in late 2014.
|FactSnippet No. 668,901 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
239. Quincy Jones has brought to film music a range of influences from Latin stylings to American blues.
|FactSnippet No. 168,570 - Composers|
240. In 1954, Lou Williams stormed off the stage in the middle of a big Paris concert, and began a three-year self-imposed exile from music.
|FactSnippet No. 845,925 - Composers|
241. Elton John returned in a blue kimono playing "Your Song", solo before the band came up and joined in.
|FactSnippet No. 768,665 - Composers|
242. Ira Gershwin contributed to the Schuyler Greene and Louis Silvers score of "Fascination", from the picture of the same name.
|FactSnippet No. 722,248 - Composers|
243. In 1967, Elton John answered an advertisement for a talent search.
|FactSnippet No. 209,728 - Composers|
246. Lou Williams makes last-second shot to help Clippers defeat Bucks in overtime.
|FactSnippet No. 84,779 - Composers|
247. Johann Sebastian Bach clearly shared his love of music with his children.
|FactSnippet No. 669,016 - Composers|
248. Sir Elton John formed his own label named The Rocket Record Company and signed acts to it—notably Neil Sedaka (John sang background vocals on Sedaka's "Bad Blood") and Kiki Dee, in whom he took a personal interest.
|FactSnippet No. 979,054 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
251. Johann Sebastian Bach was born in the same year as world famous baroque composer Handel.
|FactSnippet No. 669,019 - Composers|
252. Quincy Jones has appeared in various TV projects and music videos.
|FactSnippet No. 168,621 - Composers|
253. Lou Williams played sparingly as a rookie, averaging 1.9 points and.
|FactSnippet No. 47,239 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
254. European Russia is a federation of 86 republics, provinces, territories and districts, all controlled by the government in Moscow.
|FactSnippet No. 741,071 - Composers|
255. On 26 January 2017, it was announced that Sir Elton John would be composing the score for the Broadway musical version of the novel The Devil Wears Prada and its film adaptation along with Kevin McCollum as the producer and Paul Rudnick writing the lyrics and story.
|FactSnippet No. 789,845 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
256. Elton John had learned to play piano since he was a child.
|FactSnippet No. 209,721 - Composers|
257. Richard Strauss heard his first Wagner operas, Lohengrin and Tannhauser, in 1874.
|FactSnippet No. 759,941 - Composers|
258. Jean-Baptiste Lully created French-style opera as a musical genre.
|FactSnippet No. 82,828 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
260. Quincy Jones has one of the bestselling singles of all time, "We Are the World", to his credit.
|FactSnippet No. 168,565 - Composers|
261. John Williams is the only composer to have three scores on the list.
|FactSnippet No. 375,592 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
262. In 1967, Ravi Shankar performed a well-received set at the Monterey Pop Festival.
|FactSnippet No. 196,414 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
263. Charles Mingus moved to New York in 1951 where he served as a sideman.
|FactSnippet No. 658,159 - Composers|
264. Johann Sebastian Bach presented the manuscript to the Elector in an eventually successful bid to persuade the prince to give him the title of Court Composer.
|FactSnippet No. 668,988 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
265. On 31 October 1956, when Paul McCartney was fourteen, his mother died of an embolism.
|FactSnippet No. 39,677 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
266. Yoko Ono's was the winner of the 2012 Oskar Kokoschka Prize, Austria's highest award for applied contemporary art.
|FactSnippet No. 737,591 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
268. Claude Debussy had colorectal cancer and he needed to remove part of his colon.
|FactSnippet No. 689,905 - Composers|
271. Quincy Jones is still alive and his estimated net worth is $310 million.
|FactSnippet No. 168,627 - Composers|
272. Leonard Bernstein is remembered, honored, and celebrated by friend and Madison Symphony Orchestra conductor John DeMain in an event that explores Bernstein's music contributions as a American composer and conductor.
|FactSnippet No. 60,096 - Composers|
273. Tom Waits continued appearing in film, taking a leading role in Jim Jarmusch's Down by Law.
|FactSnippet No. 481,343 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
275. Charles Mingus began one of his most significant musical collaborations in 1959, when reed player Eric Dolphy first joined his ensemble.
|FactSnippet No. 658,177 - Composers|
277. In 1966 Charles Mingus stopped performing, largely as a result of the psychological problems that had always plagued him.
|FactSnippet No. 658,184 - Composers|
283. Lou Williams has one brother, Taurus Stinnett, and one sister, Shaun Haynes.
|FactSnippet No. 845,905 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
285. Johann Sebastian Bach got into trouble because he let a woman perform in one of the churches in Arnstadt, a real no-go back then.
|FactSnippet No. 669,020 - Composers|
286. Andrew Lloyd Webber's not a very good editor of his own stuff.
|FactSnippet No. 526,387 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
287. Steve Allen helped the then-new Polaroid camera become popular by demonstrating its instant-picture capabilities during live commercials and amassed a huge financial windfall for his work because he had opted to be paid for it in Polaroid Corporation stock.
|FactSnippet No. 404,503 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
288. Ravi Shankar was sporadically trained by Khan on tour, and Khan offered Shankar training to become a serious musician under the condition that he abandon touring and come to Maihar.
|FactSnippet No. 842,798 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
290. George Frideric Handel used the dramatic oratorio genre for a number of secular works, chief among which are Semele and Hercules, both based on stories from Greek mythology.
|FactSnippet No. 678,958 - Composers|
291. Ravi Shankar shortened the Sanskrit version of his first name, Ravindra, to Ravi, for "sun".
|FactSnippet No. 196,399 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
292. Andrew Lloyd Webber is the composer of some of the world's best-known musicals.
|FactSnippet No. 545,661 - Composers|
296. Ravi Shankar was awarded India's highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna in 1999.
|FactSnippet No. 842,793 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
297. Leonard Bernstein is a member of both the American Theater Hall of Fame, and the Television Hall of Fame.
|FactSnippet No. 51,303 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
299. Andrew Lloyd Webber was recognised for his outstanding contribution to American performing arts.
|FactSnippet No. 526,389 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
300. Johann Sebastian Bach wrote a secular cantata, No 208, Was mir behagt, to honor Duke Wilhelm's friend the Duke of Weissenfels.
|FactSnippet No. 669,046 - Composers|
301. European Russia is the largest country in the world in terms of territory.
|FactSnippet No. 741,075 - Composers|
303. Elton John has received five Brit Awards, including the award for Best British Male in 1991, and awards for Outstanding Contribution to Music in 1986 and 1995.
|FactSnippet No. 768,660 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
304. Sir Elton John formed his own label named The Rocket Record Company and signed acts to it—notably Neil Sedaka (John sang background vocals on Sedaka's "Bad Blood") and Kiki Dee, in whom he took a personal interest.
|FactSnippet No. 971,481 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
305. Elton John worked with lyricist Gary Osborne for his 1978 release A Single Man, and in 1977 he realized his dream of recording with legendary Philadelphia soul producer Thom Bell.
|FactSnippet No. 209,689 - Composers|
306. Paul McCartney wanted the tour to avoid large venues; most of the small halls they played had capacities of fewer than 3,000 people.
|FactSnippet No. 39,685 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
307. Sir Elton John has received five Brit Awards, including the award for Best British Male in 1991, and awards for Outstanding Contribution to Music in 1986 and 1995.
|FactSnippet No. 789,866 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
309. Tom Waits had devised the idea of a musical play, Franks Wild Years, which would be loosely based on the eponymous song from Swordfishtrombones.
|FactSnippet No. 481,381 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
311. Quincy Jones discovered that his paternal grandfather was of Welsh descent.
|FactSnippet No. 168,481 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
312. Charles Mingus had once sung lyrics for one piece, "Invisible Lady", backed by the Mingus Big Band on the album, Tonight at Noon: Three of Four Shades of Love.
|FactSnippet No. 658,146 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
313. Ravi Shankar separated from Shastri in 1981 and lived with Jones until 1986.
|FactSnippet No. 842,815 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
314. Quincy Jones won the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award in 1995 and the Henry Mancini and Oscar Micheaux Awards in 1999.
|FactSnippet No. 168,592 - Composers|
315. Johann Sebastian Bach was not required to play any organ in his official duties, but it is believed he liked to play on the Paulinerkirche organ "for his own pleasure".
|FactSnippet No. 668,987 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
316. Claude Debussy went travelling with Tchaikovsky's wealthy patroness, Nadezhda von Meck.
|FactSnippet No. 689,880 - Composers|
317. Paul McCartney wrote his first song, "I Lost My Little Girl", on the Zenith, and composed another early tune that would become "When I'm Sixty-Four" on the piano.
|FactSnippet No. 39,678 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
319. Paul McCartney played an Epiphone Texan on many of his acoustic recordings, but used a Martin D-28.
|FactSnippet No. 770,879 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
321. Johann Sebastian Bach learned to write dramatic openings and employ the dynamic motor rhythms and harmonic schemes found in the music of Italians such as Vivaldi, Corelli, and Torelli.
|FactSnippet No. 668,977 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
323. Yoko Ono influenced Lennon to produce more "autobiographical" output and, after "The Ballad of John and Yoko", they decided it would be better to form their own band rather than put the material out under the Beatles name.
|FactSnippet No. 737,564 - Composers - en.wikipedia.org|
324. Ira Gershwin contributed to the Schuyler Greene and Louis Silvers score of "Fascination", from the picture of the same name.
|FactSnippet No. 728,875 - Composers|
326. Johann Sebastian Bach composed almost 150 chorale preludes; his earliest ones in print are from the Luneburg period.
|FactSnippet No. 669,039 - Composers|
328. Chrono Trigger used a 32-megabit cartridge with battery-backed RAM for saved games, lacking special on-cartridge coprocessors.
|FactSnippet No. 856,121 - Composers|