1. Cape Town has four major commercial nodes, with Cape Town Central Business District containing the majority of job opportunities and office space.
17 Facts About Town
2. Cape Town is blessed with the most number of Blue Flag Beaches in South Africa.
3. Cape Town was the first city outside of Europe to receive Blue Flag status due to its high-quality water, fantastic facilities, safety and cleanliness of its beaches.
4. Cape Town was the first non-European city to receive Blue Flag status.
5. Cape Town has two kinds of taxis: metered taxis and minibus taxis.
6. Cape Town is one terminus of the luxury tourist-oriented Blue Train as well as the five-star Rovos Rail.
7. Cape Town has direct flights to most cities in South Africa as well as a number of international destinations.
8. Cape Town has become a popular study abroad destination for many international college students.
9. Cape Town has a well-developed higher system of public universities.
10. Cape Town was a host city to the 2010 FIFA World Cup from 11 June to 11 July 2010, further enhancing its profile as a major events city.
11. City of Cape Town has vast experience in hosting major national and international sports events.
13. Cape Town hosted nine World Cup matches: Six first-round matches, one second-round match, one quarter final and one semifinal.
14. Cape Town is the economic hub of the Western Cape Province, South Africa's second main economic centre and Africa's third main economic hub city.
15. Cape Town was home to many leaders of the anti-apartheid movement.
16. Cape Town is one of South Africa's most historically important cities.
17. Cape Town has captivated a lot of tourists with its immense beauty thereby becoming one of the top tourist destinations in South Africa.